Perfect shades of grey

Old August 28th 10, 11:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna D.

Default Perfect shades of grey

1 2 3 stitch sent Anchor floss that was perfect. I received wonderful
service for 6 skeins of floss. And its cheaper than other shops.
Donna

Old August 29th 10, 09:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna D.

I love working with Anchor over DMC. You can really tell the difference. No
shop around sells it now and actually my favorite shop is a knitting shop
now. My DH found a new shop where an old one closed but they don't have
Anchor either. I had almost every color. I must have packed it away or
something since I couldn't find it. But that is because I have bags boxes
and bins of stitching stuff. One of these days I am going to finish a
project.
"Ellice K." wrote in message
On 8/28/10 6:39 PM, in article
, "Donna D."
wrote:

1 2 3 stitch sent Anchor floss that was perfect. I received wonderful
service for 6 skeins of floss. And its cheaper than other shops.
Donna

Glad to hear it. I've preferred Anchor for many years now - they seem to
have a wider range of color graduations, and I like the feel of it. A
shop
I used in Albuquerque in the 90s had a piece they'd stitched in both DMC
and
again in Anchor. The pieces sat on top of the floss cabinets - and
stitchers could look at them, and then choose which floss they preferred!
DMC is more common here, but I've kind of stuck with my Anchor bias,
though
of course I have plenty of DMC, as well.

Ellice

Old August 29th 10, 10:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Parrotfish

"Donna D." wrote ...
I love working with Anchor over DMC. You can really tell the difference. No
shop around sells it now and actually my favorite shop is a knitting shop
now. My DH found a new shop where an old one closed but they don't have
Anchor either. I had almost every color. I must have packed it away or
something since I couldn't find it. But that is because I have bags boxes
and bins of stitching stuff. One of these days I am going to finish a
project.

If anyone has problems buying Anchor floss, I might be able to help.
my email address is valid.
--
Regards.......P-f (Polly..UK)
'If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague'

Old August 30th 10, 10:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna D.

Thanks I will keep that in mind.
Donna

"Donna D." wrote ...

Old September 12th 10, 08:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Donna D. wrote:
1 2 3 stitch sent Anchor floss that was perfect. I received wonderful
service for 6 skeins of floss. And its cheaper than other shops.
Donna

I use them all the time for something I want, that my LNS doesn't
have...there service is EXCELLENT. I have put an order in on Sunday, had
an email from Joanne Sunday evening, and she had it mailed Monday.

She has quite a fan club!

Gillian

sadly back home in 3H land (hot, humid, hell) aka Florida
Old September 14th 10, 12:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Joan E. wrote:
On Sep 12, 2:47 pm, Gillian Murray wrote:

sadly back home in 3H land (hot, humid, hell) aka Florida

Did you have a good summer? I noticed you didn't get into the ng
much. Let me know when you're ready for the onslaught of jokes
again!

Joan

I'm baaaaaaack!

Shades of grey Donna D. Needlework 8 August 27th 10 01:40 AM
Labradorite vs. Grey Moonstone Alan Balmer Jewelry 4 March 5th 05 11:24 PM
Labradorite vs. Grey Moonstone Empress Beads Beads 7 February 24th 05 07:43 PM
Grey Day Entertainment for beados Dr. Sooz Beads 13 January 4th 04 09:12 PM
Steel grey Becki heart Christina Peterson Beads 3 September 1st 03 04:17 AM