where to place a dollhouse for sale

Old October 31st 04, 01:17 AM
Tee

Default where to place a dollhouse for sale

I am having such a hard time selling a dollhouse I have place it online in
different places but am getting some really wacked out emails . People what
to send me the money and I am to send them all this information that isn't
even about the house . Is there a different way to sell it online other then
eBay .
Any help is great .

Tee

Old October 31st 04, 03:55 AM
Carol

"Tee" wrote in message
erio.net...
I am having such a hard time selling a dollhouse I have place it online in
different places but am getting some really wacked out emails . People what
to send me the money and I am to send them all this information that isn't
even about the house . Is there a different way to sell it online other
then eBay .
Any help is great .

Sounds like the Nigerian scammers are contacting you. I get about 5 emails
a week from them because of my website. I delete them without replying.

If you haven't tried trying to sell it locally, I would suggest putting an
ad in a local newspaper or maybe your community has an online bulletin
board. Now is a good time of year because people are looking for them for
Christmas.
If you have a dollhouse shop nearby, ask them if they will take it on
consignment. Make sure you get a receipt.

It's hard to sell dollhouses online because people don't want to pay the
shipping cost involved.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

Old February 15th 05, 05:12 AM
EggNog

"Carol" wrote in message It's hard to sell
dollhouses online because people don't want to pay the
shipping cost involved.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

One of the reasons I ordered the Queen Ann Dollhouse "Kit by Real Good Toys"
on the internet was to save on sales tax. I cant remember what the shipping
was. The sales tax where I live is 8.25, so I about $70 dollars on that
part.

Old February 15th 05, 01:10 PM
Carol

"EggNog" wrote in message

One of the reasons I ordered the Queen Ann Dollhouse "Kit by Real Good
Toys" on the internet was to save on sales tax. I cant remember what the
shipping was. The sales tax where I live is 8.25, so I about $70 dollars
on that part.

Somewhat off topic:

A little known or much ignored fact is that if there is a sales tax in your
state you are required to pay a "use tax" on any purchases for which you
didn't pay sales tax because it was sent from out of state. I'm sure that
the number of people who pay this tax is infinitely small which is why the
states are continually pestering congress to pass a law requiring that sales
tax be collected on all mail order.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

Old February 15th 05, 05:57 PM
Chuck

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 07:10:43 -0500, "Carol"
wrote:

A little known or much ignored fact is that if there is a sales tax in your
state you are required to pay a "use tax" on any purchases for which you
didn't pay sales tax because it was sent from out of state.

Depends on your state. In NYS, "Use Tax" refers to items you purchase
for business use (hence the term) and do not pay tax on. For my
business, this would include lumber, finishes, tools, etc. Sales tax
is subject to agreements between your home state and the state you
purchase from. Most states don't seem to have reciprocal sales tax
agreements with NYS, since most things I buy online and mailorder
aren't taxed. It is up to the vendor to collect and pay the sales
tax, not the purchaser to voluntarily pay it.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget

Old February 15th 05, 06:38 PM
Herb

wrote:

A little known or much ignored fact is that if there is a sales tax in your
state you are required to pay a "use tax" on any purchases for which you
didn't pay sales tax because it was sent from out of state.

Depends on your state. In NYS, "Use Tax" refers to items you purchase
for business use (hence the term) and do not pay tax on. For my
business, this would include lumber, finishes, tools, etc. Sales tax
is subject to agreements between your home state and the state you
purchase from. Most states don't seem to have reciprocal sales tax
agreements with NYS, since most things I buy online and mailorder
aren't taxed. It is up to the vendor to collect and pay the sales
tax, not the purchaser to voluntarily pay it.

As is said, "Your mileage may vary"

In California, it's the BUYER's responsibility to report and pay the
sales tax - called a use tax - on anything acquired from outside the
state and brought into CA, whether via mail order, internet, etc.
There's an unauthenticated report that about two years ago, somebody
actually complied.

SELLERS who maintain a physical presence in the state are required to
collect the sales tax.

(Except for motor vehicles - THAT they've got a hard grip on!)

- Herb
Old February 16th 05, 01:42 AM
Carol

"Chuck" wrote in message
Depends on your state. In NYS, "Use Tax" refers to items you purchase
for business use (hence the term) and do not pay tax on. For my
business, this would include lumber, finishes, tools, etc. Sales tax
is subject to agreements between your home state and the state you
purchase from. Most states don't seem to have reciprocal sales tax
agreements with NYS, since most things I buy online and mailorder
aren't taxed. It is up to the vendor to collect and pay the sales
tax, not the purchaser to voluntarily pay it.

I disagree with you. A business pays a "use tax" if they purchase
something, don't pay sales tax on the purchase, but then decide to keep or
use it for non-business purposes.

If you look at the sales and use tax rules on web sites for states you will
find the use tax mentioned and it's on purchases made out of state or
delivered from out of state where no sales tax was paid.
A vendor can only collect taxes for a state if they have a license to do so,
or there is a reciprocal aggreement between the states in which the vendor
has a license and the state where the purchase is made. If the vendor
doesn't collect tax then it is up to the purchaser to pay the tax. If the
vendor collects the tax it's a "sales tax" if the purchaser pays it, it's a
"use tax". A use tax us not "voluntary" it's required of the purchaser to
pay the tax. If a vendor doesn't collect sales tax that doesn't mean the
person doesn't have to pay a tax unless the purchase if for resale.

Here are a couple of state websites which are very clear about the use tax
http://forms.marylandtaxes.com/current_forms/usetax.pdf and another is
http://www.arkansas.gov/dfa/excise_t...structions.pdf

There are so few people actually paying use taxes, or even knowing about
them, that it has become an erroneous , but accepted fact, that out of state
purchases are free of sales taxes.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

Old February 16th 05, 01:50 AM
Carol

"Chuck" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 07:10:43 -0500, "Carol"
wrote:

I said something which I realized was incorrect. A business pays a use tax
if they buy something for resale and then decide to keep it. They pay a
sales tax if they buy something they will be using for their business,

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

New auction place with lampwork categories! Kandice Seeber Beads 9 January 2nd 05 09:02 AM
Building a Child's Dollhouse - Additional Advice? robert stephens Doll Houses 7 November 11th 04 08:06 PM
The Place Mat Incident Debbie B Beads 6 October 21st 04 12:09 AM
Does anyone recognize this dollhouse? Abby G. Doll Houses 7 September 6th 04 11:40 PM
Looking for 1/2 scale dollhouse accessories ?? Mangry Doll Houses 6 February 13th 04 10:54 PM