Baking suggestion...

Old September 27th 06, 04:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Carol In WI

Default Baking suggestion...

I tried a pumpkin muffin that has cream cheese in the center, like Twinkie
filling, what would I have to do to make it creamy enough to inject it into
a muffin? I got ideas of how to get the filling in but don't what you would
do to make the cream cheese creamy. I don't want to bake it into it. Hope
that makes sense, thanks everyone, Carol

Old September 27th 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Brenda Lewis

Just cream cheese or is it mixed with something? If it is just cream
cheese, I'd hit it with the mixer on high speed to whip quite a bit of
air into it which should make it smooth and creamy. An alternative
would be to start with the spreadable cream cheese which is quite a bit
smoother.

--
Brenda
Help Project Gutenberg--become a Distributed Proofreader
Old September 27th 06, 05:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C - California

Brenda Lewis wrote:
Just cream cheese or is it mixed with something? If it is just cream
cheese, I'd hit it with the mixer on high speed to whip quite a bit of
air into it which should make it smooth and creamy. An alternative
would be to start with the spreadable cream cheese which is quite a bit
smoother.

That's what I'd do, too. Let the mixer run for quite a while to get it
as light and fluffy as possible.

--

Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

Finished 9/20/06 -- baby bib

WIP: baby and housewarming gifts, July birthstone, Flowers of
Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

Editor/Proofreader www.KarenMCampbell.com
Design page http://www.KarenMCampbell.com/designs.html
Old September 27th 06, 09:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Carol In WI wrote:
I tried a pumpkin muffin that has cream cheese in the center, like Twinkie
filling, what would I have to do to make it creamy enough to inject it into
a muffin? I got ideas of how to get the filling in but don't what you would
do to make the cream cheese creamy. I don't want to bake it into it. Hope
that makes sense, thanks everyone, Carol

Why not cut the muffin in half and spread the cream cheese onto each half.
--
Bruce Fletcher
btinternetDOTcomATricardian
Old September 27th 06, 11:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

"Carol In WI" wrote in message
I tried a pumpkin muffin that has cream cheese in the center, like Twinkie
filling, what would I have to do to make it creamy enough to inject it into
a muffin? I got ideas of how to get the filling in but don't what you would
do to make the cream cheese creamy. I don't want to bake it into it. Hope
that makes sense, thanks everyone, Carol

As long as they`re going to be eaten almost immediately, couldn`t you just
warm the cream cheese in the microwave for a few seconds?

Pat P

Old September 27th 06, 12:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ElastiGirl

In article ,
"Carol In WI" wrote:

I tried a pumpkin muffin that has cream cheese in the center, like Twinkie
filling, what would I have to do to make it creamy enough to inject it into
a muffin? I got ideas of how to get the filling in but don't what you would
do to make the cream cheese creamy. I don't want to bake it into it. Hope
that makes sense, thanks everyone, Carol

I'd suggest adding just a bit of sugar, vanilla, and milk -- beat the
heck out of it -- then inject into the muffin. A couple of suggestions
on the injecting -- make an "x" in the top of the muffin before you
inject, make sure your "injecting cream" doesn't have air pockets (that
might cause a blowout).

EG
Old September 27th 06, 12:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Carol In WI wrote:
I tried a pumpkin muffin that has cream cheese in the center, like Twinkie
filling, what would I have to do to make it creamy enough to inject it into
a muffin? I got ideas of how to get the filling in but don't what you would
do to make the cream cheese creamy. I don't want to bake it into it. Hope
that makes sense, thanks everyone, Carol

You've gotten a number of good suggestions. If none of them "feel"
right to you, I can ask DD who is a professional chef and specializes in
pastries of all kinds. She's had to bake all sorts of things that had
some sort of filling injected into them. CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old September 27th 06, 01:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

ElastiGirl wrote:

I'd suggest adding just a bit of sugar, vanilla, and milk -- beat the
heck out of it -- then inject into the muffin. A couple of suggestions
on the injecting -- make an "x" in the top of the muffin before you
inject, make sure your "injecting cream" doesn't have air pockets (that
might cause a blowout).

This would be what I would do. Kind of like a cream cheese icing.

Donna in Virginia

Old September 27th 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Betty Vereen Hill

"Carol In WI" wrote in message
I tried a pumpkin muffin that has cream cheese in the center, like Twinkie
filling, what would I have to do to make it creamy enough to inject it into
a muffin? I got ideas of how to get the filling in but don't what you would
do to make the cream cheese creamy. I don't want to bake it into it. Hope
that makes sense, thanks everyone, Carol

Carol, I've been a baking fiend for many years, and I discovered a recipe
for cream cheese filled muffins years ago on a box of brownie mix. I've
used the cream cheese filling portion of the recipe ever since:

8 ounce block cream cheese, softened to room temp
2 egg yolks
1 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

With your mixer, blend the softened cream cheese with the egg yolks, and
beat in the confectioner's sugar and vanilla until the mixture is well
blended. Spoon approx. one teaspoon of the mixture on the top of each
portion of muffin batter in the muffin pan, and bake according to recipe
directions. The cream cheese mixture will sink slightly as the muffin
batter rises around it. Don't be alarmed when you remove the muffins from
the oven if you see the cream cheese peeking from the center of each muffin.
It certainly won't have a negative effect on the taste of your glorious
muffins. I've always frosted my muffins to conceal the cream cheese, and
the frosting is the super decadent touch to muffins which are already
decadent by the addition of the cream cheese filling. Sit back and enjoy!

Betty in Georgia

Old September 28th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

Default OT: another baking suggestion, was Baking suggestion...

This just reminded me of one of my favorite recipes. I made it for a
neighborhood party a few weeks ago and people really liked it. It's an
easy recipe that *looks* complicated, and if you like banana cake and
cheese cake, it'll be a hit. I think I copied it out of the newspaper
years ago. I leave out the nuts (nobody else in the family likes nuts);
leave off the cream cheese frosting, preferring just a sprinkling of
confectioner's sugar; and usually roll it the "long" way rather than the
"short" way, for no particular reason!

AMAZING BANANA-NUT ROLL

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
3 Tbsp. milk

1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
4 egg yolks
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/3 c. sugar
1 large banana mashed (about 1/2 c.)
1/2 c. finely chopped walnuts or pecans
4 egg whites
1/2 c. sugar
1 recipe cream cheese frosting (see below)

Lightly grease a 15x10x1" baking pan. Line bottom with waxed paper;
grease paper. Set aside.

For filling, in a small mixing bowl combine cream cheese and 1/2 c.
sugar, beat with an electric mixer on medium speed till smooth. Add
whole egg and milk; beat till combined. Spread in the prepared pan; set
aside.

In a small mixer bowl beat egg yolks and vanilla on medium speed about 5
minutes or till thick and lemon colored. Gradually add the 1/3 c. sugar,
beating till sugar is dissolved. Stir in banana and nuts.

Thoroughly wash the beaters. In a large mixing bowl beat the egg whites
on medium speed till soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add the 1/2
c. sugar, beating on high speed till stiff peaks form (tips stand
straight).

Fold yolk mixture into egg whites. Sprinkle the flour mixture evenly
over egg mixture; fold in just till blended.

Carefully spread the batter evenly over the filling in the pan. Bake in
a 375 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or till the cake springs back
when lightly touched.

Immediately loosen the cake from sides of pan and turn out onto a towel
sprinkled with powdered sugar. Carefully peel off paper. Starting with
narrow end, roll up cake using towel as a guide. (Do NOT roll towel into
cake.) Cool completely on a wire rack.

Spread top with Cream cheese frosting. If desired, drizzle with
chocolate syrup. Makes 10 servings.( 400 calories each)

Cream cheese frosting: In a small mixing bowl combine half of a 3 oz.
package cream cheese, softened and 1/2 tsp. vanilla; beat with an
electric mixer on medium speed till light and fluffy.Gradually beat in 1
c. unsifted confectioners' sugar. Beat in enough milk (1 to 2 Tbsp.) to
make a frosting of spreading consistency. Makes about 1/2 c. frosting.

Enjoy!

Sue

Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music