Aero Dust Spray

Old April 22nd 04, 04:42 AM
FLAGMAN

Go to AVW .com or Awv. com cannot rememebr which and purchase a product called
Blow OFF. I know this sounds perverted , but its what this product is called.
It is a great canned air product we order it by the case for our sewing
business

good luck

Steve
Avant Guard Flags & COstumes
Old April 26th 04, 06:18 PM
DKiely33

Go to AVW .com or Awv. com cannot rememebr which and purchase a product
called Blow OFF. I know this sounds perverted , but its what this product is
called.
It is a great canned air product we order it by the case for our sewing
business

Was someone mentioning that you want to vacuum dust & particles (away) from
your sewing machine rather than blowing them further into the machine? Can't
blowing dust/particles into the machine impair the machine?

Can those "in the know" enlighten us?

Thanks,
Dee
Old April 27th 04, 01:32 AM

Aero Dust Spray/ cleaning machines

(DKiely33)
quoted snip purchase a product called Blow OFF. I know this sounds
perverted , but its what this product is called.
It is a great canned air product we order it by the case for our sewing
business
---
Was someone mentioning that you want to vacuum dust & particles (away)
from your sewing machine rather than blowing them further into the
machine? Can't blowing dust/particles into the machine impair the
machine?
Can those "in the know" enlighten us?
Thanks,
Dee
---
Yup. What she said; using canned air will drive dust and debris deeper
into the machine's guts. Better to extract it with a soft-bristle brush
or vacuum attachment.
Cea

Old April 28th 04, 05:16 AM
FLAGMAN

Running a professional sewing room, we use this air product with every bobbin
change and et the end of every day to keep our segers and industrial machines
free from lint. This keeps our stitches perfect and prevents build up that may
cause problems. On our industrials we opn the bobbin cover and aim the air
downward which blows the lint right out to the floor. Our sergers open
outward completely and we air them from the side to propel the dust of the
machines. Ive been sewing professionally for 13 years. weve been using this
product the last 7 and my mahines are maintained every four months and always
gets compliments from our service tech on how clean and well kept the machines
are.

That what I know and thats what works for us.

WWW.avantguardflags.com

Steven - Owner / Avant Gaurd Flags & Costumes
Old April 28th 04, 03:46 PM

Aero Dust Spray/ cleaning machines

Group: rec.crafts.textiles.sewing Date: Wed, Apr 28, 2004, 4:16am
(EDT+4) From: (FLAGMAN)
Running a professional sewing room, we use this air product with every
bobbin change and et the end of every day to keep our segers and
industrial machines free from lint. This keeps our stitches perfect and
prevents build up that may cause problems. On our industrials we opn the
bobbin cover and aim the air downward which blows the lint right out to
the floor. =A0 Our sergers open outward completely and we air them from
the side to propel the dust of the machines. Ive been sewing
professionally for 13 years. weve been using this product the last 7 and
my mahines are maintained every four months and always gets compliments
from our service tech on how clean and well kept the machines are.
That what I know and thats what works for us.
WWW.avantguardflags.com
Steven - Owner / Avant Gaurd Flags & Costumes
---
Yes, Steven, I can see, from your post, where canned air is an
excellent tool for business/industrial machine maintenance. I have an
ancient industrial which opens in the same way, so I could use canned
air for cleaning this machine without a problem.
Most home machines, though, (and the majority of posters here use home
machines, which is what I was addressing) have closed cavities, and the
use of canned air merely serves to drive great wads of lint and fibers
deeper into the machine guts, possibly into gears and motor areas.
One of my machines has a complex metal/rubber drive belt, and I'd hate
to think of lint getting packed into that pulley. From what I have read,
it would be nearly impossible, and certainly quite expensive, to
replace. The whole machine would have to be disassembled for belt
removal and/or cleaning.
I've been in a machine acquisition/thorough cleaning mode lately, and
the amount of crud I've cleaned out of previously owners' machines is
amazing. Any attempt to clean these using canned air would have caused
more problems than it cured.
Cea

Old April 29th 04, 01:39 AM
SewStorm

Most home machines, though, (and the majority of posters here use home
machines, which is what I was addressing) have closed cavities,

Closed cavities. Sounds very CSI, Cea!

Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

Old April 30th 04, 12:13 AM

Aero Dust Spray/ cleaning machines

(SewStorm)
quotes:
Most home machines, though, (and the majority of posters here use home
machines, which is what I was addressing) have closed cavities,
---
Closed cavities. Sounds very CSI, Cea!
Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati
---
Sure does. Some of the machines I've dissected were a bit like
cadvers, too.
You know, Karen. I liked that show 'till it got too graphic. sticks
finger down throat
Cea (I can handle blood 'n guts, but some things
come under the header of 'More Than I Want To Know'.)

Old April 30th 04, 02:49 PM
SewStorm

You know, Karen. I liked that show 'till it got too graphic. sticks
finger down throat

It's so funny. At our house, that show is the one thing I try to watch (along
with Joan of Arcadia; I know, I'm very ecumenical in my TV watching). Every
time my husband, who is very squeamish about this kind of stuff, walks in the
room, there is some horribly graphic scene on the tube. Naturally, he always
looks. Then turns on his heel and leaves the room.

Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

Basting Spray question Mrsfrz Quilting 3 January 17th 05 06:06 PM
Lead glass dust [email protected] Glass 3 May 25th 04 09:32 PM
Alternative to polyurethane spray? Tim General Crafting 2 December 30th 03 01:18 AM
Question about Dust DK666 Newsgroup Pottery 1 December 3rd 03 12:32 AM
Basting Spray Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 7 October 20th 03 12:11 AM