about magnetic polisher

Old May 3rd 08, 04:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
[email protected]

Default about magnetic polisher

I had Raytech CMF600 system,then recently machine is broken.
Anyway,I need replacement,If its same model It cost me about $1000.
one grade small (CMF400 system)is$480.or (CMF410---$579.)

I do not need to finish so many pieces at one time.Also I can not
afford this money right now.
Then I found super mini magnetic polisher($169) in rio grande catalog
and remember some say this one was made in korea.

So I 'd like to hear any opinion on this mini machine, also on Raytech
CMF400.
Thanks in advance and always appreciated this news group.

Yoshi.
Old May 3rd 08, 04:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Peter W.. Rowe,

On Fri, 02 May 2008 20:46:22 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry
wrote:

I had Raytech CMF600 system,then recently machine is broken.
Anyway,I need replacement,If its same model It cost me about $1000.
one grade small (CMF400 system)is$480.or (CMF410---$579.)

I do not need to finish so many pieces at one time.Also I can not
afford this money right now.
Then I found super mini magnetic polisher($169) in rio grande catalog
and remember some say this one was made in korea.

So I 'd like to hear any opinion on this mini machine, also on Raytech
CMF400.
Thanks in advance and always appreciated this news group.

Yoshi.

I don't know where the super mini is made, but Raytech is a decent brand/company
to deal with.

I've seen the super mini at shows. You should keep in mind that it's REALLY
quite small. The container is about the size of a coffee cup. You can tumble
perhaps two or three modest sized rings at a time, no more, and not much of
anything larger than a ring.

But why not just get the larger machine you already have, repaired? Even if
it's a whole new motor (the most expensive part), it can't be all that much more
than the super mini, and might be less, and then you'd have your full sized
machine back running again.

Peter
Old May 4th 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
[email protected]

On May 3, 4:46 am, Ted Frater wrote:
wrote:
I had Raytech CMF600 system,then recently machine is broken.
Anyway,I need replacement,If its same model It cost me about $1000.
one grade small (CMF400 system)is$480.or (CMF410---$579.)

I do not need to finish so many pieces at one time.Also I can not
afford this money right now.
Then I found super mini magnetic polisher($169) in rio grande catalog
and remember some say this one was made in korea.

So I 'd like to hear any opinion on this mini machine, also on Raytech
CMF400.
Thanks in advance and always appreciated this news group.

Yoshi.

I second Peter's advice about gettng your existing machine repaired.
Now Id be happy to help with any advice ,
but I /we need a picture of what is broken and a proper description. of
the fault.
Then there will be options on how best to proceed.

Ted
Dorset
UK,
Always mending or building machinery.

yes,I already tried to fix the machine I have now.I took a motor
itself from the machine and contacted the original company in Taiwan.
( by label on motor) then,co respond my email and told me a
cost ,motor is $65. shipping $63.
and co only take bank wire transfer that cost $40.by citi bank.The
company email me their bank account #.
Then I finally decide to order ,Citi bank said ,they need swift #
before account #.
I email them again asking swift #. The company did not respond.I email
them again. co did not respond.
That was a story so far...
So the point is mini machine 's cost is about same as repair if they
respond.But if mini machine is not work very well on even a few
pieces,then i have to think about.That's why i ask this mini one's
reputation.
but thank you for the opinion to both Peter and Ted.
Old May 4th 08, 09:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha

Peter W.. Rowe, wrote:

Look at the McMaster Carr wet site, or MSC supply (both U.S. companies, but
there will be others elsewhere in the world doing the same sort of thing if you
need.

Peter

For motors Grainger is the best. Largest selection around.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Vibratory Polisher Greg Krynen Jewelry 0 October 12th 05 03:32 AM
Rock Polisher Keith Jewelry 24 April 27th 04 03:34 PM
Ameritool trim saw and grinder/polisher Darwin's Chimp Jewelry 1 April 8th 04 05:06 AM
Jewlery polisher S.K. Martin Jewelry 3 August 2nd 03 05:48 AM
buffer -polisher cynthia mason Polymer Clay 0 July 10th 03 03:03 AM