Moving Glass

Old September 30th 05, 03:35 PM

Default Moving Glass

I recently bought out a stained glass business and need to move the
glass to my location. Can someone give me ideas on the best way to
move it (I have to travel about 20 miles)?

Old September 30th 05, 03:48 PM
Moonraker

Strap it on the sissy bar of yer Harley?

oups.com...

Old September 30th 05, 05:39 PM
Javahut

wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently bought out a stained glass business and need to move the
glass to my location. Can someone give me ideas on the best way to
move it (I have to travel about 20 miles)?

What do you have for a vehicle?
Do you own an "A-Frame"?
Do you or the seller have empty cases?
Do you have alot of friends?
Rental truck? Large enough to make one trip?

Old October 2nd 05, 07:30 AM
Glassman

wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently bought out a stained glass business and need to move the
glass to my location. Can someone give me ideas on the best way to
move it (I have to travel about 20 miles)?

Been there....... if I had to ever do it over again, I would have sold it
all rather than move it. NEVER AGAIN.

--
JK Sinrod
Sinrod Stained Glass Studios

Old October 2nd 05, 11:03 PM
Michele Blank

sounds like if you don't even know how to transport glass you may have been
a bit quick to buy the business???? m
"Glassman" wrote in message

oups.com...

Old October 2nd 05, 11:59 PM
Javahut

"Michele Blank" wrote in message
sounds like if you don't even know how to transport glass you may have

been
a bit quick to buy the business???? m
"Glassman" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently bought out a stained glass business and need to move the
glass to my location. Can someone give me ideas on the best way to
move it (I have to travel about 20 miles)?

What's done is done, if you want advice, answer the questions as best you
can and we will offer help as best we can... er, I anyway, whatever..

Old October 6th 05, 05:24 AM
newnws

We had a fire in a house in Queens New York in 1996. We had a lot of glass
stored in the basement where the fire started. We did not check the
condition of any of it, just packed it away in boxes. We moved to Atlanta
and did not look at the glass. We then had movers pack us up and deliver
the repackaged glass to California where it sat for almost 2 years. We
recently unpacked and checked out the glass: what a surprize: only a few
broken pieces, all still usable. The glass was mostly about 20 x 20 inches
(mostly spectrum and bullseye). The secret was small packages, lots of
packing paper and double carton packing.

Charles Friedman DDS
Also known as Ivan
Now learning to fuse this old glass
"Glassman" wrote in message

oups.com...

Old November 6th 05, 06:34 AM
Glassman

"newnws" wrote in message
t...

We had a fire in a house in Queens New York in 1996. We had a lot of

glass
stored in the basement where the fire started. We did not check the
condition of any of it, just packed it away in boxes. We moved to Atlanta
and did not look at the glass. We then had movers pack us up and deliver
the repackaged glass to California where it sat for almost 2 years. We
recently unpacked and checked out the glass: what a surprize: only a few
broken pieces, all still usable. The glass was mostly about 20 x 20

inches
(mostly spectrum and bullseye). The secret was small packages, lots of
packing paper and double carton packing.

Charles Friedman DDS
Also known as Ivan
Now learning to fuse this old glass

The reason it made it through was because it was my glass! Not to mention
that your lovely wife is a compulsive over packer.

--
JK Sinrod
Sinrod Stained Glass Studios
www.sinrodstudios.com
Coney Island Memories
www.sinrodstudios.com/coneymemories

Soldering jump rings with glass Robin Jewelry 9 September 9th 04 04:41 AM
Glaze FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 1 September 18th 03 04:16 PM
glaze FAQ's Tom Buck Pottery 0 August 18th 03 01:26 AM
FA: $5.00The Technique of Stained Glass Elric of Imrryr Marketplace 0 July 30th 03 03:53 AM
glaze FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 0 July 18th 03 05:40 AM