the top is finished (photo link)

Old October 25th 05, 07:39 PM
Christina in Ok

Default the top is finished (photo link)

Whew I finished up the wall quilt for the cafe today.. Now I have to quilt
it...
How would I quilt this?
has to be something fast, because I need it in place before Friday..
here is the link
http://gardenbreeze.us/forums/index.php?topic=307.0

--
Christina Hilburn
Web Site: http://gardenbreeze.us

Old October 25th 05, 08:20 PM
The Brown Family

Great job Christina, I'm sure the Cafe owners are going to love it! Sorry I'm
not much good at the quilting part myself.

Lorraine

Old October 25th 05, 08:24 PM
Anne in CA

'Tis a lovely batch of stars you have there Christina :-) and the Braced
Star came out very well.

If it were mine to finish, and it needed to be done fast, I'd slap on
the old walking foot and do a diagonal grid. First corner to corner
through the blocks then spaced however looks best. A wall hanging that
won't be washed so very often can be quilted a bit farther apart than a
kid's lovey blankie. What spacing does your batting package recommend?

If you want to get a teeny bit fancier, do the grid just in the blocks
and then do a diagonal, parallel lines thing in the border, maybe a bit
closer together than your inner grid but not a lot.

Anne in CA
annerudolph AT comcast DOT net
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Crow
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3

Old October 25th 05, 08:26 PM
Queen of Squishies

That's beautiful, Christina! I don't have any inspiration for you about the
quilting, but I just wanted to say that I love it.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old October 25th 05, 10:14 PM
Patti

It's lovely Christina.
As to quilting it? I would do each block separately (as they are
different) and I think I would choose a simple star - something like a
Le Moyne Star or and Ohio Star, and use that as the quilting design.
Whichever fitted the block best. I very much like using block pattern
outlines for quilting designs.
..
In message , Christina in Ok
writes
Whew I finished up the wall quilt for the cafe today.. Now I have to quilt
it...
How would I quilt this?
has to be something fast, because I need it in place before Friday..
here is the link
http://gardenbreeze.us/forums/index.php?topic=307.0

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 26th 05, 05:40 AM
Tricia

I echo that =)

Tricia

Old October 26th 05, 03:08 PM
nana2b

Love the colors and pattern. Beautiful! Linda in Tx

Old October 26th 05, 04:01 PM
Debra

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:39:41 -0500, "Christina in Ok"
wrote:

Whew I finished up the wall quilt for the cafe today.. Now I have to quilt
it...
How would I quilt this?
has to be something fast, because I need it in place before Friday..
here is the link
http://gardenbreeze.us/forums/index.php?topic=307.0

Taking a hint from the sashing corner stars, I'd quilt one large 5
pointed star in each block. Then for the sashing and borders I would
use smaller 5 point stars separated by either a straight or curvy
line. Somewhat like this: }{-------}{------}{ or }{~~~~~}{~~~~~}{

Debra in VA, who apparently isn't totally quilt deaf after all.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at

AUGUST'S BLOCKS - 2005-2006 RCTQ Block-of-the-Month (BOM) Melissa in NJ Quilting 12 August 4th 05 12:53 AM
Finished (sort of) M Rimmer Quilting 0 July 10th 05 06:43 PM
Bronwyn's webshot photo link Bronwyn Ferrier Ms Quilting 13 June 13th 04 08:25 PM
Official intro and photo link A&T Quilting 15 April 15th 04 02:35 PM
Photo Album Quilt finished... Jan in Florida Quilting 2 February 11th 04 03:42 AM