PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Hand Tailored Jacket

Old September 13th 05, 02:06 PM

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Hand Tailored Jacket

This hand tailored jacket is my most ambitious project to date. I have
been pretty much obsessed with it for the past 3 months.

ja

Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver
http://schmidling.com

Old September 13th 05, 02:44 PM
Kate Dicey

--
PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
http://schmidling.com/pow.htm
Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver
http://schmidling.com

Yay! That's glorious!
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old September 13th 05, 04:36 PM
Jean D Mahavier

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message

This hand tailored jacket is my most ambitious project to date. I have
been pretty much obsessed with it for the past 3 months.

ja

--
PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
http://schmidling.com/pow.htm
Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver
http://schmidling.com

Yay! That's glorious!
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Kate said it all!

Jean M.

Old September 13th 05, 06:16 PM
MSMenagerie

Ja,
I am impressed beyond measure! I've thoroughly enjoyed reading through
your weaving adventure. Apparently I love reading everyone else's
endeavors as much as creating my own. How did you sew/finish the seams
of the shirt, vest, coat??
I wasn't able to see Marilyn's hat, if you have sec will you post it as
well??
Thank you so much for sharing this!
Good luck with the shoes, keep us posted!
Sonya

Old September 13th 05, 06:29 PM
Doug&Michelle

Yay! That's glorious!
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Kate said it all!

Jean M.

Yep, Kate did say it all!

Michelle Giordano

Old September 13th 05, 09:02 PM
Joy Hardie

WOW!,
I think you need more sheep to keep up with your ambitions. You
are amazing. Either that, or just having the three keeps you in line.
Whatever, can't even immagine making your own wood buttons too! And,
your apparently your own spinning wheel .....and from the looks of
things...EVERYTHING else around your place. Man, you are beyond
words. Great job on the tailored jacket too, in case I forgot to
mention.
Joy

Old September 13th 05, 09:05 PM
CypSew

What a wonderful job, "Hats off to you"!!!
I really enjoy seeing all your projects and beautiful photos.
Emily

Old September 14th 05, 06:08 AM

MSMenagerie wrote:

First of all, thanks ALL for the kind words of
support. Unfortunately, I can't wear the jacket
for a few months and then probably only in an
igloo so I can't very well show it off.

How did you sew/finish the seams
of the shirt, vest, coat??

I guess just about every method known. The shirt
and coat were mostly if not completely done by
machine. The jacket was mostly hand stitched
except for the major load bearing seams and those
were done on my 1919 Singer just for fun.

I wasn't able to see Marilyn's hat, if you have sec will you post it as
well??

It is on the fiber page
http://schmidling.com/fiber.htm

There is a link to it on the POW page also. It is
the penultimate picture on that page just before
the jacket.

Oops! You are right. I guess I forgot to upload it. It is there now.

js

Old September 14th 05, 06:23 AM

Beverly said:

I made my DH a three piece suit several

years ago, and I was fortunate to lay my hands on some excellent
tailoring books, so I was able to do all the unseen hand work which
really is so important to a superior end-result.

I can't imagine wearing trousers made from this fabric so I guess I
will have to stick with jackets and coats.

I would be interested in the titles of the books that you found the
most helpful. Perhaps we could compare notes.

I have Poulin, CTT, Hostek and a Singer book. They all have their use
and their worts.

I used the formula for drafting the pattern in Poulin, did the canvas
per Hostek but could not have finished following either... too many
unanswered questions and too much shop talk. The CTT book was clear
enough to work my way to the end. Singer is mostly pretty pictures.

js
Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver
http://schmidling.com

Photo realistic stitch help Tim Plumlee Needlework 0 July 3rd 04 09:54 AM
FA: Sounds Of Nature Photo Frame NIB - $4 Disgo Marketplace 0 February 16th 04 02:37 PM
On and off this week Karen_AZ Beads 4 February 2nd 04 10:48 PM
AD ~ New leaves, flowers and HILL TRIBE silver this week! Mj Beads 0 October 8th 03 02:35 AM
My William Holland Week EL Beads 4 July 1st 03 11:06 PM