Reminder about Off Topic Posts

Old August 12th 04, 01:36 PM
Diana Curtis

Default Reminder about Off Topic Posts

Just a gentle reminder that it is good manners to mark your post as OT
when it contains no quilty goodness inside so people who do not care to read
such posts can filter them out. There are still people who pay per minute to
download the messages and others who for the sake of time constraints must
skip our fascinating off topic posts. For their sake, let us all try to mark
our posts as OT. By the same token, if you have a post that declares that it
is 'Not OT' it will be filtered out by those same people. :-)
On the same line, when a threads (group of messages) change their topic do
your best to remember to change the subject line to reflect the new
direction.
Im not pointing fingers. If I were there would be 3 pointed right back at
Me, since I have been guilty of forgetting to do both things.
Diana, newsgroup police ;-)

Old August 12th 04, 01:52 PM
DJDREVNA

I am new to the group and didn't realize what OT meant and will definetly use
this from now on. Sorry for the confussion.I'nm a newbie. Thanks for the
information. I want to us proper manners.

Thanks,
Sheila

Old August 12th 04, 02:16 PM
Diana Curtis

I figure most transgressions come from ignorance, or forgetfulness. I
wouldnt confuse that with rudeness, and neither would my imaginary friends
who talk to me and make me post reminders like that. :-)
Diana

Old August 12th 04, 02:31 PM
frood

*snorfle*

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old August 12th 04, 04:02 PM
Polly Esther

Are there really people here paying by the minute? And what do they do about
the "go to my website" posts that take longer than a normal lifespan to
load? (Inquiring minds and all that) Polly

"frood" wrote *snorfle*

"Diana Curtis" wrote I figure most transgressions come from ignorance,

Old August 12th 04, 09:01 PM
the black rose

Sherry Starr wrote:
I am so glad to find out that someone else has imaginary friends talking to
them, lol. All this time, I thought it was because I was trying to find
inner peace!

I'm terribly sorry. Does the noise in my head bother you?

*grin*

--
the black rose
proud to be owned by a yorkie

Old August 13th 04, 02:34 AM
Polly Esther

LOL. Thanks, Rose. Polly

"the black rose" wrote

Old August 13th 04, 04:57 AM
Dee in Oz

Yes there are.
If the site takes toooo long it
a)can be saved under favouites to look at later and sometimes
accidently forgotten
b) totally ignored altogether if it is a really slow day

But with the cost of changing to cable/broadband/or whatever being at
least double what we are paying I really can't justify the extra $$$

Just my opinion for us....

Dee in Oz

"Polly Esther" wrote

Old August 13th 04, 05:18 AM
Sharon Harper

LOL Dee - for us it worked out about $2 more expensive to change to cable
from dial up so here we are. And believe me it was worth every cent. Oh
and about 6 months ago we got rid of cable TV - we couldn't justify the $70
odd a month we were paying out. When I rang up to disconnect they offered
me all sorts of deals - got em down to $30 a month at one stage. Sheesh.
Still we don't miss it at all.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html

"Dee in Oz" wrote in message
m...
Yes there are.
If the site takes toooo long it
a)can be saved under favouites to look at later and sometimes
accidently forgotten
b) totally ignored altogether if it is a really slow day

But with the cost of changing to cable/broadband/or whatever being at
least double what we are paying I really can't justify the extra $$$

Just my opinion for us....

Dee in Oz

"Polly Esther" wrote
Are there really people here paying by the minute? And what do they do

about
the "go to my website" posts that take longer than a normal lifespan to
load? (Inquiring minds and all that) Polly

AD, OT and On Topic - many posts in one! (long) Kandice Seeber Beads 33 July 11th 04 01:33 AM
Gentle reminder - mark Off Topic messages OT Barbara Hass Needlework 7 May 15th 04 04:38 PM
Good Idea? (on topic ramblings) Karlee in Kansas Quilting 4 December 11th 03 08:44 AM
OT posts Ashara Needlework 17 August 27th 03 02:43 PM
Notification to all animaux Needlework 38 August 5th 03 06:18 PM