My Family Album Quilt

Old February 3rd 04, 04:59 PM
Janice Davis

Default My Family Album Quilt

I am so excited to share this with you all. I did my first photo transfer quilt for my Mamaw's 80th birthday next weekend (Valentine's). I am in the quilting stage now. I cannot wait for the final product. Everyone who has seen it has oohed and aahed over it. I have only been quilting for 2-1/2 years so this is indeed a great flattery for me. Tell me what you think. By the way, it wasn't hard, just time consuming.

Janice

http://community.webshots.com/album/115877602VShQhH
Old February 3rd 04, 05:05 PM
Natalie

Oooo......

Itıs beautiful! Happy Birthday wishes to your mamaw.

NS

Old February 3rd 04, 06:26 PM
Louise

Janice, thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed seeing what you did with the
pictures, as I'm in the planning stages of the same kind of quilt right now.
I really like your color combinations and the layout. Way to go!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old February 3rd 04, 06:28 PM
frood

That looks great! Are the people identified on the quilt? If not, consider a
"map" listing everyone by name and date of birth, relationship to your
Mamaw, and inserting it in a pocket behind the label. That way, years from
now, your descendants will still be able to figure out who everyone is! :-)

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old February 3rd 04, 08:41 PM
Janice Davis

Thanks for the idea. It's a little too late for "pockets," but I have a
fabric pen and mayhap write everyone's name on the back of the quilt. Thank
you to all of you! I am sure you all realize how hard it is to see your own
finished product as beautiful when you can see all the flaws! ;o)

Janice

"frood" wrote in message
. com...
That looks great! Are the people identified on the quilt? If not, consider

"map" listing everyone by name and date of birth, relationship to your
Mamaw, and inserting it in a pocket behind the label. That way, years from
now, your descendants will still be able to figure out who everyone is!

:-)

--
Wendy

Old February 3rd 04, 09:18 PM
Diana Curtis

Its a beautiful execution of a fabulous idea. Your Mamaw is sure to love it.
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

"Janice Davis" wrote (snipped)...

Old February 3rd 04, 09:33 PM
Janice Davis

Thanks, Diana. FEI, I got the patterns out of Better Homes and Garden's 101
Full Size Blocks and Borders. I learned a lot of things from this one. Does
anyone ever get to a point where they know everything about quilting ;o)
It's hard to believe I was once afraid of a sewing machine, if weren't for
my kids and school, I would be on it all day *chuckle*

Janice