Flying Geese Units

Old March 25th 09, 03:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default Flying Geese Units

Flying geese units are fun and versatile. The units can be constructed one
at a time using templates or rotary cutting. There are several speed
techniques that involve sewing, then cutting. I like the one that requires
one large square (the goose) and four small squares (the sky.) I know how to
do those, but need the charts for cutting for certain sizes. I've looked
on-line and in my file cabinet here, and cannot find the charts. If anyone
has the link for this, please answer here and/or email me. Jeanne knows this
stuff, but is not available now. BTW: I'd also welcome link for other
methods.

Thanks bunches. Pat in Virginia

Old March 25th 09, 03:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita L in MA

Hi Pat,

This one does not have charts but does have a simple formula. If this
isn't the one you want, I'll keep looking.
http://www.patchpieces.com/FlyingGeese.pdf

--
Rita L. in MA - One eyed Mutant Ninja Quilter :-)
Old March 25th 09, 03:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Bad form to reply to one's own post, so I'll just call this a post script!

PS: The method I mention yields four units.

Old March 25th 09, 03:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

The charts are in QNM September 2005. You're so right. Jeanne knows how to
access stuff like this online. Polly

"Rita L in MA" wrote

Old March 25th 09, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Thanks Rita. My computer declined to open that, but I will save the post for
when we update our program.
PAT

Old March 25th 09, 03:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

Pat in Virginia wrote:
I like the one that requires
one large square (the goose) and four small squares (the sky.) I know how
do those, but need the charts for cutting for certain sizes.

That's the link I was going to send -- Rita beat me to it! G

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old March 25th 09, 03:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

this is the method i use, too. it's very accurate and goes fast!

amy in CNY
Old March 25th 09, 04:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

R: I was finally able to see the instructions, thanks to both you and
another quilter.
So, I am off to sew some geese.

Old March 25th 09, 04:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Three links follow. jennellh

http://www.patchpieces.com/FlyingGeese.pdf

http://quiltingpassion.com/tutorials...areMethod.html

http://www.quilterscache.com/H/Howtomakegeese.html

Old March 25th 09, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
kelly

http://members.shaw.ca/BeverlysQuiltingPage/ffg.htm Fast flying geese - no
math needed. She includes a chart on the bottom of the page.

I love them. I have the book on the flying geese blocks using the ruler
that Lazy Girl Designs put out (Flying geese and more) and use it regularly.
I find it is second nature now to reach for the ruler and use it although
the first couple of times i had to put some thought into it.

Good luck.
Kelly in BC

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
Flying geese units are fun and versatile. The units can be constructed one
at a time using templates or rotary cutting. There are several speed
techniques that involve sewing, then cutting. I like the one that requires
one large square (the goose) and four small squares (the sky.) I know how
to do those, but need the charts for cutting for certain sizes. I've
looked on-line and in my file cabinet here, and cannot find the charts. If
anyone has the link for this, please answer here and/or email me. Jeanne
knows this stuff, but is not available now. BTW: I'd also welcome link for
other methods.

Thanks bunches. Pat in Virginia

more on Flying Geese!! nzlstar*[_2_] Quilting 9 January 24th 08 04:23 AM
About those Flying Geese Pat in Virginia Quilting 11 April 26th 06 09:39 PM
Flying Geese problems frood Quilting 27 September 7th 05 06:01 PM
flying geese direction AliceW Quilting 11 January 3rd 05 07:30 PM
flying geese and pressing Sandy Foster Quilting 4 January 1st 05 09:34 AM