Fabric search help please

Old March 18th 09, 10:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Default Fabric search help please

Hi all

DD has recently bought a bearded dragon (now called Dexter) and is after
some polar fleece type fabric with lizards or geckos on it so I can make
a blanket / cushion like these for her (or rather for Dexter):
http://www.beardeddragon.org/bjive/v...st=0&sk=t&sd=a
http://tinyurl.com/dbyjwe

I've had a quick google and not come up with a source of similar fabric
as yet.

Does anyone know of any sources that will ship internationally or does
anybody have some they would swap for something?

Thanks

Lizzy
Old March 18th 09, 03:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

http://www.ladybuttonfabrics.com/cgi...Category=7&v=1
Found this one in cotton-did find several samples of polar fleece but
all were sold out. jennellh

a blanket / cushion like these for her (or rather for Dexter):http://www.beardeddragon.org/bjive/v...url.com/dbyjwe

Old March 18th 09, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Mar 18, 6:08*am, Lizzy Taylor wrote:
Hi all

DD has recently bought a bearded dragon (now called Dexter) and is after
some polar fleece type fabric with lizards or geckos on it so I can make
a blanket / cushion like these for her (or rather for Dexter):http://www.beardeddragon.org/bjive/v...url.com/dbyjwe

I've had a quick google and not come up with a source of similar fabric
as yet.

Does anyone know of any sources that will ship internationally or does
anybody have some they would swap for something?

Thanks

Lizzy

Here is a place that seems to have some Gecko pattern stuff. Not sure
if it is what you are looking for, but there are some choices there.
http://www.bugfabric.com/frogsgeckos.htm

Old March 19th 09, 03:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I am far too good-mannered to notice that John (who only pieces with solids,
he says) offered this site on a fabric search. I was on break from a
cooking marathon and went to see what was there. The site -
http://www.bugfabric.com/frogsgeckos.htm is wonderful. Wait until you have
at least an hour or so for looking around. I used up all of my recess just
checking out what they had in their bargain bin. Beautiful website, John;
fabrics I love and many I didn't even know existed. That was fun. Polly

"John" wrote Here is a place that seems to have some Gecko pattern stuff.

Old March 19th 09, 08:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Mar 18, 11:33*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
I am far too good-mannered to notice that John (who only pieces with solids,
he says) offered this site on a fabric search. *I was on break from a
cooking marathon and went to see what was there. *The site -http://www.bugfabric.com/frogsgeckos.htmis wonderful. *Wait until you have
at least an hour or so for looking around. *I used up all of my recess just
checking out what they had in their bargain bin. *Beautiful website, John;
fabrics I love and many I didn't even know existed. *That was fun. *Polly

"John" wrote Here is a place that seems to have some Gecko pattern stuff.
Not sure
if it is what you are looking for, but there are some choices there.http://www.bugfabric.com/frogsgeckos.htm

I am only using solids right now to get rid of a bunch that I have. I
do like and look at patterns, and as soon as I make room for some
patterns I will get some more. That is a great site, though, and
should be nice for your kids quilts that you make. Kids love all sorts
of creepy crawly stuff.

Old March 19th 09, 01:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Butterfly, was Fabric search

I was expecting to see just the sort of things you find when you're emptying
the pockets of small boys' pants for the wash. (That's more excitement than
some of us are entitled to.) But - http://www.bugfabric.com/frogsgeckos.htm
has a collection of butterfly prints that are gorgeous. Speaking of
Butterflies, what have we done with our own? Our Miss Butterfly has been
missing for quite a while. Polly

"John" wroteI am only using solids right now to get rid of a bunch that I

Old March 19th 09, 03:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

What is wrong with making a WUH? You keep reminding us that these 'fabric
objects' have a mind of their own and
THIS ONE decided it wanted to be on the wall for all and sunder to enjoy.
Didn't wanna be behind closed doors.g

Butterfly (who's been a bit frazzled lately)

Old March 19th 09, 08:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Did you happen to notice that one category is "Dinosaurs, Dragons, and
Gators?"
The gators are at the bottom of the category. PAT

Fabric search help thelaws Quilting 2 July 13th 07 10:01 PM
fabric search web site- hunting little boy angle fabric, or withclouds Kris Bishop Quilting 3 January 9th 05 01:29 AM
Fabric search Valkyrie Quilting 0 November 4th 04 04:26 AM
Fabric search Valkyrie Quilting 0 November 4th 04 04:23 AM
fabric search KJ Quilting 1 March 9th 04 02:31 AM