flexible machine light....

Old March 7th 09, 01:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Default flexible machine light....

Can anybody give me a link to one of the sites that's has those little
flexible lights you put on a sewing machine to give extra light right
where you're working? I'm going nuts, can't seem to google it right.

Sunny
t.i.a.
Old March 7th 09, 03:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

This link takes you to the 'quiltshops.com' search result for flexible
light. jennellh

http://search.myquiltshops.com/cgi-s...myqssearch.cgi

Old March 7th 09, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

We always called them "gooseneck lights" when I was a kid.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

remove the obvious to reply
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathyapplebaum/

Old March 7th 09, 05:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Saw one at the MAQF last week. It was about $40-50 so I passed it up. There
may be more affordable options. I thought of using one of those little puck
shaped stick-on lights. Two quilters I know tried that and could NOT make
the light stick on either one's SM.
PAT

Old March 7th 09, 05:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Kathy, I think Sunny is referring to some tiny lights that are similar to
the little travel lamps that clip to books. Very bright!
PAT

Old March 8th 09, 04:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Sunny, did you get the light problem solved? Late one night my SM light got
moody. I wasn't going to let it stop me so I desperately duct taped a cute
little pen sort of flashlight to the SM and finished what I needed to. It
wasn't a thing of beauty but it got me through the stitching just fine.
(The next day I mentioned to DH that my SM light had gone out. He admitted
that he wondered what that little button was for so he'd punched it. It
turned the SM light off. It is truly a good thing that I love him dearly.)
Polly

Old March 9th 09, 05:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati, in Phx

Sunny, if you haven't found it yet, it is the "Bendable Bright Light".
I got one the end of January, but need to reconfigure the electrical
stuff around my sewing machine before I can use it. May also decide to
use it on my travel machine, or bite the bullet and get a second mount
for that machine.

Pati, in Phx

On Mar 6, 6:46*pm, Sunny wrote:
Can anybody give me a link to one of the sites that's has those little
flexible lights you put on a sewing machine to give extra light right
where you're working? I'm going nuts, can't seem to google it right.

Sunny
t.i.a.

OT Machine Embroidery of String of Christmas Light Bulbs She in PA Quilting 4 December 3rd 04 08:12 PM
Flexible Clay? Erj1230 Polymer Clay 1 January 15th 04 04:29 AM
Flexible cro-hook Bonnie Yarn 4 September 4th 03 07:30 PM
Flexible cutting mats LJCefali Polymer Clay 1 August 5th 03 04:42 AM