biblical quilt blocks

Old February 20th 09, 12:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers

Default biblical quilt blocks

I'm thinking of making a quilt of biblical blocks for my son's
kindergarten teacher.

I've started off researching blocks, there is a lot of information out
there!

What I'm looking for are blocks that have been around a while, with
biblical inspiration being a plausible history for them, like Jacob's
Ladder (a mix of 4 patches and HSTs), rather than new or recent block
designs.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Cheers
Anne
Old February 20th 09, 12:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

Try the block Storm at Sea. It recalls the NT story about the calming
of the waters. It you make an entire quilt of it, in varying shades
of blue, it appears to be full of curves and movement, and that is
because of the varying angles in the triangles. Sometimes people add
a simple boat in one block, and some do not. Mine has the boat!
Old February 20th 09, 12:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

Check out Kim Graham's web site:
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham/index.html. Kim checks in here from
time to time, though not as frequently as she used to. I miss her

Julia in MN

--
-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old February 20th 09, 01:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers

Mary wrote:
Try the block Storm at Sea. It recalls the NT story about the calming
of the waters. It you make an entire quilt of it, in varying shades
of blue, it appears to be full of curves and movement, and that is
because of the varying angles in the triangles. Sometimes people add
a simple boat in one block, and some do not. Mine has the boat!

do you mean this one?
http://www.quilt.com/Blocks/StormAtS...irections.html

Cheers
Anne
Old February 20th 09, 01:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jack Campin - bogus address

I'm thinking of making a quilt of biblical blocks for my son's
kindergarten teacher.
I've started off researching blocks, there is a lot of information out
there!
What I'm looking for are blocks that have been around a while, with
biblical inspiration being a plausible history for them, like Jacob's
Ladder (a mix of 4 patches and HSTs), rather than new or recent block
designs.
If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them!

I wanna see somebody come up with a quilt block for Deuteronomy 25:11-12.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old February 20th 09, 01:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers

Julia in MN wrote:
Check out Kim Graham's web site:
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham/index.html. Kim checks in here from
time to time, though not as frequently as she used to. I miss her

Very useful, although mostly she doesn't seem to include any history for
the block, some of them seem to be old designs, but others I've not
found any other references to, though so far I've only looked online.

Thanks
Anne
Old February 20th 09, 02:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Anne, I googled "history of bible quilt blocks" - this is only one of
several sites that came up:
http://www.patternsfromhistory.com/b.../bible_bom.htm
jennellh

Old February 20th 09, 03:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dbeitzell

Ouch! I had to look that one up, and cannot think off the top of my
head what that block would look like, but I can say that it should
probably look good in red!

Dannielle

On Feb 19, 8:17*pm, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:
I'm thinking of making a quilt of biblical blocks for my son's
kindergarten teacher.
I've started off researching blocks, there is a lot of information out
there!
What I'm looking for are blocks that have been around a while, with
biblical inspiration being a plausible history for them, like Jacob's
Ladder (a mix of 4 patches and HSTs), rather than new or recent block
designs.
If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them!

I wanna see somebody come up with a quilt block for Deuteronomy 25:11-12.

==== j a c k *at *c a m p i n . m e . u k *=== *http://www.campin.me.uk ====
CD-ROMs and free stuff: *Scottish music, food intolerance, and Mac logic fonts

Old February 20th 09, 03:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_5_]

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:46:13 -0800 (PST), Mary
wrote:

Try the block Storm at Sea. It recalls the NT story about the calming
of the waters. It you make an entire quilt of it, in varying shades
of blue, it appears to be full of curves and movement, and that is
because of the varying angles in the triangles. Sometimes people add
a simple boat in one block, and some do not. Mine has the boat!

Here is a quilt I made for my nephew using the Storm at Sea bklock.

http://image48.webshots.com/49/2/3/6...2qVGtJF_ph.jpg

-Irene
Old February 20th 09, 03:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers

wrote:

Try the block Storm at Sea. It recalls the NT story about the calming
of the waters. It you make an entire quilt of it, in varying shades
of blue, it appears to be full of curves and movement, and that is
because of the varying angles in the triangles. Sometimes people add
a simple boat in one block, and some do not. Mine has the boat!

Here is a quilt I made for my nephew using the Storm at Sea bklock.

http://image48.webshots.com/49/2/3/6...2qVGtJF_ph.jpg

-Irene

wow! cool quilt

Anne

Quilt Blocks [email protected] Quilting 5 January 20th 09 03:19 AM
quilt blocks webbie Quilting 2 June 9th 06 12:07 PM
ebay: Lots of Religious/Biblical XS marilyn safier Marketplace 0 March 9th 05 05:29 AM
New Quilt Blocks Cathy Marketplace 0 January 25th 04 01:21 PM
Biblical knot Orkin Knots 2 August 16th 03 03:47 PM