Swallowtail Shawl

Old May 19th 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
LauraJ[_2_]

Default Swallowtail Shawl

wrote in message
On May 16, 9:38 pm, "LauraJ" wrote:
This was my first "real" lace. Every time I walk into the dining room
where
it is blocking I am amazed that I knit it. I've seen so many gorgeous
pictures of other people's lace shawls and can't believe that I have made
one myself now!

Thanks for looking!

LauraJ

CONGRATULATIONS L A U R A
may you have many healthy years wearing that beautiful shawl
mirjam

Thank you, mirjam. I'm not really a shawl person but I did wear it all
around the house yesterday! I'll have to start rethinking my wardrobe...

LauraJ

Old May 19th 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
LauraJ[_2_]

"Millie James" wrote in message
news:aa2dnTXkqpYQ0rPVnZ2dnUVZ_tyknZ2d@gcicommunica tions...
LauraJ wrote:
This was my first "real" lace. Every time I walk into the dining room
where it is blocking I am amazed that I knit it. I've seen so many
gorgeous pictures of other people's lace shawls and can't believe that I
have made one myself now!

Thanks for looking!

LauraJ

congratulations on your first real lace ... that's an heirloom! a
treasure! flaming wonderfull.

_ _ _ _ _
Millie

9 shades of jade.

Oh my goodness, you're making me blush! Thank you!

LauraJ

Old May 19th 08, 10:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
LauraJ[_2_]

"Shillelagh" wrote in message

"LauraJ" wrote in message news:QwkXj.42$Uf1.5@trndny08...
This was my first "real" lace. Every time I walk into the dining room
where it is blocking I am amazed that I knit it. I've seen so many
gorgeous pictures of other people's lace shawls and can't believe that I
have made one myself now!

Thanks for looking!

LauraJ

Great job. It's a beautiful shawl! What yarn did you use?

Shelagh

Thanks, Shelagh. I had you to inspire me! The yarn is Schaefer Anne (I can
never remember if that is 1 or 2 'f' in Schaefer). You can see my notes on
Ravelry (username aprilshowers). I got the yarn in a trade for some Sundara
Sock yarn I won which wasn't my color at all. Not that hot pink is my color
either but it is starting to grow on me.

LauraJ

Old May 19th 08, 10:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
LauraJ[_2_]

"Spike Driver" wrote in message
Lauraj,

You should be proud. I bet you are the envy of many in this group!

Hugs and God bless,
Dennis & Gail

LauraJ wrote:
This was my first "real" lace. Every time I walk into the dining room
where it is blocking I am amazed that I knit it. I've seen so many
gorgeous pictures of other people's lace shawls and can't believe that I
have made one myself now!

Thanks for looking!

LauraJ

Thank you, Dennis. You know what? I am proud! This may be one of the
first pieces I've knit that I can actually say that I can't find any fault
with (well, as soon as I weave in those ends ).

I hope you are doing well.

LauraJ

Old May 19th 08, 10:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
LauraJ[_2_]

LauraJ wrote:
This was my first "real" lace. Every time I walk into the dining room
where
it is blocking I am amazed that I knit it. I've seen so many gorgeous
pictures of other people's lace shawls and can't believe that I have
made
one myself now!

Thanks for looking!

LauraJ- Hide quoted text -

No envy Dennis ,,more a Role model !!!!
mirjam

Aw, you are making me blush too, Mirjam!

LauraJ

Old May 20th 08, 01:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply[_2_]

Sounds like a nice combination to me -- I have seen that type of
combination in person and thought it was nice (of course, I am an earth
tones type of person...)

LauraJ wrote:

Thank you, Bernadette! In real life it is more a hot pink and orange
combination. I actually thought I was buying red but that is the downside
of buying yarn online!

Old May 20th 08, 06:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

LauraJ wrote:
This was my first "real" lace. Every time I walk into the dining room
where it is blocking I am amazed dthat I knit it. I've seen so many
gorgeous pictures of other people's lace shawls and can't believe that I
have made one myself now!

Thanks for looking!

LauraJ

Thank you, Dennis. You know what? I am proud! This may be one of the
first pieces I've knit that I can actually say that I can't find any fault
with (well, as soon as I weave in those ends ).

I hope you are doing well.

LauraJ

I am doing fine Laura, knitting and crocheting away and a lot of fishing!

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old May 20th 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Mon, 19 May 2008 21:45:37 +0000, LauraJ wrote:

"Bernadette" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 16 May 2008 18:38:40 +0000, LauraJ wrote:

This was my first "real" lace. Every time I walk into the dining room
where it is blocking I am amazed that I knit it. I've seen so many
gorgeous pictures of other people's lace shawls and can't believe that
I have made one myself now!

Thanks for looking!

LauraJ

Laura that is so beautiful - very well done. That red is such a vibrant,
colour, it will look wonderful on.

Thank you for sharing! :-)
--
Bernadette

Thank you, Bernadette! In real life it is more a hot pink and orange
combination. I actually thought I was buying red but that is the downside
of buying yarn online!

LauraJ

With how that looks I'd say it isn't really a downside Laura. :-)
Bernadette
Old May 20th 08, 04:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
LauraJ[_2_]

"YarnWright" wrote in message
LauraJ spun a FINE 'yarn':

This was my first "real" lace. Every time I walk into the dining room
where
it is blocking I am amazed that I knit it. I've seen so many gorgeous
pictures of other people's lace shawls and can't believe that I have made
one
myself now!

Thanks for looking!

LauraJ

LauraJ. . .

simply...... g a w j u s s

Noreen

Aw, thank you Noreen. You are another one of my inspirations! I would
never have thought to try knitting a shawl if I hadn't seen the beautiful
work by you and others on this group.

LauraJ

Old May 20th 08, 04:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
LauraJ[_2_]

[...]

Thank you Bernadette. It certainly wasn't the biggest mistake I have made
buying yarn online (that would be the flourescent green acrylic bought in my
first online purchase). The yarn itself was lovely enough to make up for
the color. Now I just have to figure out what I should wear it with.

LauraJ

Another shawl DONE YarnWright Yarn 16 January 22nd 07 03:25 AM
"Swallowtail" by Skarabaus Christina Peterson Beads 7 January 17th 06 02:11 PM
Here's that shawl I kept asking about Dawn Alguard Yarn 20 August 26th 04 03:02 PM
Shawl - again Bryan Yarn 2 November 5th 03 11:27 PM
Shawl Laura Sullwold Yarn 19 August 29th 03 05:27 PM