WIP check-in please

Old August 8th 03, 04:42 PM
llama mama

"SlinkyToy" wrote in
m:

WIP -- work in progress
UFO -- unfinished object, usually something that's hiding in the back
of your closet, and which may have gone with you on more than one
relocation

an example of WIP would be my socks that have one finished & one just
cast on (after losing the 2nd almost completed (i was at the toe
decrease) sock in a move & finding it a year later as an unsalvagable
part of a mouse nest, then taking 6 more months to find a 'matching'
Manos de Uraguay yarn, then the cat peed on the pattern & i had to
replace that...
an example of UFO would be that sweater my mom started in 1971 that has
moved to 3 different houses & hasn't changed in all those years...
lee
--
It is paradoxical that many educators and parents still differentiate
between a time for learning and a time for play without seeing the vital
Old August 8th 03, 07:30 PM
Shillelagh

"llama mama" wrote in message
. ..
an example of WIP would be my socks that have one finished & one just
cast on (after losing the 2nd almost completed (i was at the toe
decrease) sock in a move & finding it a year later as an unsalvagable
part of a mouse nest, then taking 6 more months to find a 'matching'
Manos de Uraguay yarn, then the cat peed on the pattern & i had to
replace that...

*cough, splutter* LOL, LOL. Too too funny!
Shelagh

Old August 8th 03, 07:41 PM
Shillelagh

"SlinkyToy" wrote in message
m...
And don't forget the UFO basket - those count toward your total WIP!

My list (surely I forgot something, but not the UFOs!)

Aran sweater (no change since last report)
Socks from Hell (tm)
Mittens from Hell (tm)
garter shawl
UFOghan
handspun socks, need to pick up from the cuff cast-on and add a couple

of
inches to one sock, then finished

And some spinning.

Wow..... okay - let me think he

WIP's
2nd sock made with Sheepjes Invicta Extra
Sweater from Hell for my DD
Tank top for me from Rowan Summer Tweed (almost a UFO)
Friendshipghan for me - still edging the squares in black. I'm already using
it, but making it larger now.
A cotton kitchen towel - will finish that later tonight while watching the
tube.

believe it or not - I have no real UFO's.

WIM
A sumptuous afghan for me made from all the fabulous grab bag yarn I got at
the sale at the LYS in June.
Something from the gorgeous Noro silk yarn from my secret pal.
Baby things from the 2 lbs of Red Heart Soft Baby yarn I just bought.

And, it goes on and on. So much yarn - so little time! grin

Shelagh

Old August 8th 03, 09:47 PM
AGRES

Ugliest brown socks in the universe.
These are MY (soft, warm) house socks, and I am making them so ugly nobody
will borrow them. g They are so ugly nobody is going to send them off as
a last minute gift. ("But, there is another pair almost finished in the box
behind your chair!") g ----- Actually my wife warned me about the yarn
when I was buying it. - It looks nice in the skein, but I do not like the
color after it is knit and washed. On the hand, a pair warm-fuzzys that do
not just disappear is a good thing too.

Aaron

"Claire" wrote in message
I really do feel lazy when I see what you all have done! My list is

pathetic
in comparison:

WIP nephew's jumper in Snowflake - just needs sewing together but I hate
that bit
New baby's jacket - just started in pink Sirdar pearls DK yarn
Still planning my son's christmas jumper but mapping out numbers now
Crochet afghan - still practising the first single crochet square. Sigh.

UFO 'diet' jumper in cream Snowflake - to be resumed when I'm no longer
pregnant and back on my diet.

Claire
whose next baby feels like it is wearing hob-nailed boots today. Ouch.
whose last baby can now stand up on her own!

Old August 8th 03, 10:14 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

| On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 19:12:56 GMT, "Sew-Sew Lady" wrote:

what's a WIM?

WIM
A sumptuous afghan for me made from all the fabulous grab bag yarn I got

Ooh, judging by the adjectives, I'd say it's a Work In Mind! I have so many
of those!

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Old August 8th 03, 11:48 PM
Katherine Burgess

"Claire" wrote
How lovely of you to say so! Now I feel quite justified in putting my feet
up for an extra hour or so while Number 2 takes a nap and doing a little
more of the new baby's jacket. I keep worrying that it is turning out too
small though- despite my tension being right. Perhaps because I am

comparing
it to my toddler who now seems to be getting taller by the hour. I'm going
to have to dig out the newborn baby clothes to check the size, I think.
Surely Numbers 1 and 2 were never this small?

I find it terribly hard to sit still and do nothing so working with my

hands
makes me feel a little less fidgety. Midwife has me under orders to put my
feet up for two hours a day and do nothing (she makes an exception for
knitting) and the weather is so lovely and hot here now that it isn't as
hard to do as it normally is. Especially with the fan blowing directly at

me
and a long cold drink to hand. Might go swimming later too, nothing like
some cool water to make a huge hot person (and a small sticky person) feel
better!

Do you have a kiddie's pool in the garden? You could just sit in it and
relax - along with the small sticky person.
Katherine

Old August 9th 03, 03:28 AM
Els van Dam

In article B%TYa.99503$o%2.43285@sccrnsc02, "AGRES" wrote:

Ugliest brown socks in the universe.
These are MY (soft, warm) house socks, and I am making them so ugly nobody
will borrow them. g They are so ugly nobody is going to send them off as
a last minute gift. ("But, there is another pair almost finished in the box
behind your chair!") g ----- Actually my wife warned me about the yarn
when I was buying it. - It looks nice in the skein, but I do not like the
color after it is knit and washed. On the hand, a pair warm-fuzzys that do
not just disappear is a good thing too.

Aaron

Good for you Aaron, viva la diverance (spelling).......LOL

Els

"SlinkyToy" wrote in message
m...
And don't forget the UFO basket - those count toward your total WIP!

My list (surely I forgot something, but not the UFOs!)

Aran sweater (no change since last report)
Socks from Hell (tm)
Mittens from Hell (tm)
garter shawl
UFOghan
handspun socks, need to pick up from the cuff cast-on and add a couple

of
inches to one sock, then finished

And some spinning.

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))
Old August 9th 03, 10:57 PM
Claire

"Katherine Burgess" wrote in message

Do you have a kiddie's pool in the garden? You could just sit in it and
relax - along with the small sticky person.
Katherine

No, but we do belong to a social club about half an hour away which has an
outdoor pool (temperature controlled) as well as lawns for lounging about on
and a kiddies' playground for the older ones. Our back garden isn't very
peaceful as we have rather noisy (and nosey) neighbours. We've been going
there most days this last week and shall be heading back for another day's
lazing in the shade under the trees tomorrow. The oldest can run off to play
with his friends there and the baby can collect leaves and pick grass and
her mother can snooze. And then we'll all jump in the pool to cool off.
Bliss.
Claire

Old August 9th 03, 11:13 PM
Katherine Burgess

OH, well, with a club like that, who needs a back yard? Sounds wonderful!
Katherine

"Claire" wrote in message

[...]

check out our sale LasImpPan Rubberstamps 0 December 1st 04 02:16 PM
OT - warning - check 21 Marisa2 Beads 15 October 29th 04 06:33 PM
need red tone-on-tone check bugnut Quilting 3 May 8th 04 02:20 PM