where to buy coffee stirrers?

Old March 2nd 04, 09:23 PM
Cathy Weeks

Default where to buy coffee stirrers?

I want to try out using the thin wooden Coffee Stirrers as wooden
flooring. Where in the world do you buy them?

Cathy Weeks
Old March 3rd 04, 12:39 AM
Shelly

(Chuck) wrote:
(Cathy Weeks)
wrote:

I want to try out using the thin wooden Coffee Stirrers as wooden
flooring. Where in the world do you buy them?

If you don't have a Staples or Office Max near you, which usually have
such things in the bulk office supply section, then check the Yellow
Pages for "office supply" and/or "restaurant supply." If all else
fails, go to Google and you'll find some places that have them.

They're a bit bigger, but I know some folks who have used popsicle sticks, aka
craft sticks, which you can buy in large bags in craft stores like Michael's
and AC Moore. Just a suggestion.

Shelly
Old March 3rd 04, 01:52 AM
Dawn

Cathy Weeks wrote:

I want to try out using the thin wooden Coffee Stirrers as wooden
flooring. Where in the world do you buy them?

Cathy Weeks

I bought mine at the local grocery store. A lot of places carry plastic
ones these days though. Look around.

Dawn

Old March 3rd 04, 07:37 PM
Dawn

Gerald Miller wrote:

b) I still have all my re-saw/finishing equipment (mostly second hand
or home built.

Can I borrow it? And the shop or garage where you keep it? Because I
have neither the equipment or the space for a home woodshop here in the
city, even though I spent 4 years in high school learning to use the
tools and even won some awards for my work.

So I buy coffee stirrers to use as flooring because for about 99 cents,
even in US dollars, I can cover floors on an entire level of a dollhouse
and with a little sanding it comes out looking terrific.

Here's some pictures:

www.reddawn.net/mini/mini2.htm

I found that I got a much more delicate true-to-scale floor from the
coffee stirrers than I did from "dollhouse" parquet flooring.

Dawn

Old March 4th 04, 12:38 AM
Gerald Miller

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 12:37:42 -0600, Dawn
wrote:

Gerald Miller wrote:

b) I still have all my re-saw/finishing equipment (mostly second hand
or home built.

Can I borrow it? And the shop or garage where you keep it? Because I
have neither the equipment or the space for a home woodshop here in the
city, even though I spent 4 years in high school learning to use the
tools and even won some awards for my work.

So I buy coffee stirrers to use as flooring because for about 99 cents,
even in US dollars, I can cover floors on an entire level of a dollhouse
and with a little sanding it comes out looking terrific.

Here's some pictures:

www.reddawn.net/mini/mini2.htm

I found that I got a much more delicate true-to-scale floor from the
coffee stirrers than I did from "dollhouse" parquet flooring.

Dawn

Afraid I might be a little far away for friendly visits and an
evenings work, or even a long weekend. Your flooring jobs show
excellent workmanship and a lot of perseverance.
My principle items are an el-cheapo 12" band saw, jointer and home
built finishing sanders, both the tapered disk and a drum type, both
IIRC from The Scale Cabinetmaker.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Old March 4th 04, 03:36 AM
Cathy Weeks

Dawn wrote in message ...

So I buy coffee stirrers to use as flooring because for about 99 cents,
even in US dollars, I can cover floors on an entire level of a dollhouse
and with a little sanding it comes out looking terrific.

Here's some pictures:

www.reddawn.net/mini/mini2.htm

I found that I got a much more delicate true-to-scale floor from the
coffee stirrers than I did from "dollhouse" parquet flooring.

Very nice. It looks quite nice. I'm glad to know about painting the
floor first. I had thought that I'd make a room "plan" on paper, and
do the flooring on the paper first, then just fix lay that in the
house and fix it into place.

Do you have a feel for if that's a good or bad idea? I had thought
that was good so if I had to get to the wiring, it would be more
accessible.

Cathy Weeks

OT (sorta?) It's happening again! Kalera Stratton Beads 214 July 13th 04 08:07 AM
coffee shop name Debbie B Beads 1 March 24th 04 10:09 PM
Coffee Christina Peterson Beads 38 October 26th 03 01:37 AM
Hungry?? Coffee & Donut Beads (not mine) Kandice Seeber Beads 13 September 8th 03 10:27 PM