What I got with my Christmas present yarn-wise

Old December 28th 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Gerald & Donna McIntosh

Default What I got with my Christmas present yarn-wise

My DH knows me so well. I got a gift certificate to one of my favorite
places,
Sophie's Fine Yarn Shoppe over in Louisville. went there last night, and
spent
nearly $75, gift was $50 and had stamped card (every time spend $25, get a
stamp)
mine was full so another $25! Yeah! stocked up on some Encore yarn for
hats and scarves for charity knitting, another size 7 bamboo circular (can
never
have too many circulars ! ), and pattern for fruit caps, some stitch
markers..
Barbara, who owns the store is great! Even though I don't go in too often,
she remembers me, of course I usually bring some hats for charities that
she sends off too! maybe that's why she remembers!

Also picked up yarn for new baby outfit for nephew's new baby!

Have a Happy New Year!

Donna in S. Indiana

PS. DH was in very generous mood last night, also went to Lowes and got
new washer and dryer w/pedestals! Finally upgraded to dryer with low heat,
one got now high and medium - not great when trying to dry something that
doesn't need shrinking!

Old December 29th 07, 12:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Leah

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 17:14:57 -0500, "Stella Fenley"
wrote:

Hi Wooly,
Are the sock machine hard to knit with and are they pricey like the knitting
machines?just wondering.

Stella

I'm kicking around getting a new one and have been for a while. I
like making socks in the round, and I love machine knitting in
general. I think self-patterning sock yarns and the CSM would go
together like bread and butter and be much easier than doing it by
hand, because your gauge can vary doing HK.

I found a woman in New Zealand is making new CSMs. Anyone know
anything about her CSMs?

http://autoknitter.com/

Leah
Old December 31st 07, 03:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Reunite Gondwanaland (Mary Shafer)

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 09:49:56 -0500, "Gerald & Donna McIntosh"
wrote:

PS. DH was in very generous mood last night, also went to Lowes and got
new washer and dryer w/pedestals! Finally upgraded to dryer with low heat,
one got now high and medium - not great when trying to dry something that
doesn't need shrinking!

I'm about to make the appliance shopping trip to Lowe's, too, as my
current washer isn't spinning all the way to damp and my dryer seems
to have lost some of the intermediate heat settings. I'm going to get
a ultra-large front-loading washer and matching dryer. No pedestals,
though. I'm getting the Whirlpool stacking kit. I'll be able to get
both minivans into the garage that way. I think I'm also going to
have to get a new dishwasher, as the current one is making a funny
noise.

I'm trying to hold out until next spring when we come back up to this
house for the summer. I don't want to buy new appliances and then run
off to Palm Desert for the rest of the winter.

Mary "Appliances wear out after a couple of decades"
We didn't just do weird stuff at Dryden, we wrote reports about it.
or
Visit my new blog at
http://thedigitalknitter.blogspot.com/
Old January 5th 08, 05:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Reunite Gondwanaland (Mary Shafer)

wrote:

PS. DH was in very generous mood last night, also went to Lowes and got
new washer and dryer w/pedestals! Finally upgraded to dryer with low heat,
one got now high and medium - not great when trying to dry something that
doesn't need shrinking!

I'm about to make the appliance shopping trip to Lowe's, too, as my
current washer isn't spinning all the way to damp and my dryer seems
to have lost some of the intermediate heat settings. I'm going to get
a ultra-large front-loading washer and matching dryer. No pedestals,
though. I'm getting the Whirlpool stacking kit. I'll be able to get
both minivans into the garage that way. I think I'm also going to
have to get a new dishwasher, as the current one is making a funny
noise.

So far, so good on the washer and dryer, but the dishwasher bit the
dust on Sunday, the 30th. I went to Lowe's and bought a new one on
Monday (as my husband said, "Happy 37th Anniversary"), but it won't be
installed until the 8th.

Mary "You can eat most Stouffer's right from the trays, no plate
needed"