Jane Rainbow crewel work

Old August 15th 19, 07:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Megwen[_3_]

Default Jane Rainbow crewel work

Please can anyone help me? I have a Jane Rainbow "Allium" kit which my mother started many years ago. Sadly when her house was cleared after she died, the paternayan threads appear to have be lost. The instructions which are with the started design do not list the shades which are used. There are 6 main colours with 3 shades of each according to the instructions. Does anyone know what shades are needed for the yellow/gold version of this design?

Thanks,

Megwen
Bath, England
Old August 15th 19, 07:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 11:06:38 -0700 (PDT), Megwen
wrote:

Please can anyone help me? I have a Jane Rainbow "Allium" kit which my mother started many years ago. Sadly when her house was cleared after she died, the paternayan threads appear to have be lost. The instructions which are with the started design do not list the shades which are used. There are 6 main colours with 3 shades of each according to the instructions. Does anyone know what shades are needed for the yellow/gold version of this design?

Thanks,

Megwen
Bath, England

Hi, I'm in Canada but I have the feeling Jane Rainbow was a Cotswold
person? I loved doing crewel but I rarely bothered over much about
the colours, so long as they blended nicely. If there is a picture of
Allium, maybe try to pick up embroidery wool as near as possible.

I don't know how it is in the UK now but over here, everything is
online, we haven't had a needlework shop for about 20+ years now.

Here's a link to Paternayan colours
https://www.google.com/search?client...arn+color+card

I am sure ebay or amazon could provide them, but put in the colour
numbers and with luck, something should pop up.

Here's hoping
Old August 16th 19, 09:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Megwen[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for your suggestions. The same is happening here in the UK as in Canada, the needlework shops are closing and I've got to choose the colours from my computer screen. Here's hoping that my choices play nicely together in the flesh.

Megwen
Old October 27th 20, 09:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nicola Darby

Hello, I have just read your message re the inherited Jane Rainbow Allium kit. I have just started it.....my mother started it with just a few stitches and didn't do any more. She is now elderly and has given it to me. How did you get on with it? It is a bit confusing but I'm making a start! I'm new to Crewel embroidery. It was just fascinating that you also had yours from your mother etc. I look forward to hearing how you got on with it. Best wishes

--
For full context, visit https://www.inspirepoint.com/needlew...rk-655270-.htm

Old October 30th 20, 02:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Megwen[_5_]

I finally managed to get the yarns that I need thanks to a wonderful lady called Wendy Riley (http://www.spinningjenny.co.uk/) to whom I sent the started embroidery and pattern and she picked the best match threads for me. I have not started it yet, I will need to do some test stitching first as I am new to crewel stitching too! I'll let you know when it is done.

--
For full context, visit https://www.inspirepoint.com/needlew...rk-655270-.htm

Crewel work. Alex Corvinus Needlework 17 September 5th 10 01:49 PM
Leather work advanced craft modelling cut work 1922 Janey Marketplace 0 June 29th 07 10:37 PM
Leather work advanced craft modelling cut work 1922 Janey Marketplace 0 June 29th 07 10:37 PM
cleaning 25 year old crewel work sjharris Needlework 8 October 4th 05 03:04 AM
Crewel work BDS2pds Needlework 2 February 11th 04 07:06 PM