Old October 3rd 03, 10:46 PM
welshwren

The brayer technique is good but you do need to keep brayering the piece for
longer than you think, until the design pops out at you; use a very firm
pressure.

I also apply my inks directly from the pad (colour box cat's eyes fluid
chalks are ideal for this - or if you try the technique on matt card, use
the cats eyes pigment ink) - darker colours tend to give a much better
effect, and they need to be applied quite heavily. Then comes the important
step (also applies to brayerd technique) ..... polish off any excess ink
when you have finished with a soft dry papper towel or tissue.

Another variation is to randomly overstamp the background with the original
stamp inked with one of the darker coloured inks.

Jenni

"Lyndy swain" wrote in message
I need some help. I am trying to do the resist technique with a versamark
pad but am having very little success. I am using gloss card and stamping
with my versamark, i then heat set it and brushed my colour over the top
hoping the stamp wouldn't take the colour. I have been left with a messy
piece of card. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Lyndy