Old May 4th 11, 08:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default Another LQS Closing

I remember first being on an old Prodigy group a really long time ago. Dr.
Quilter asked me if there was a facebook group with the gang from here. She
can't find her way here. Is there? I signed up under protest when harassed
by a relative but didn't do any more than that.
Taria
"Kay Ahr" wrote in message
I'm thinking maybe the proliferation of Yahoo groups and other social
networking groups has contributed to a decline here. There are forums
everywhere! The national quilters even have blogs where people can ask
questions. Wasn't RCTQ pretty much the only group back in the BBS days?
--
Kay Ahr in Reno/Sparks Nevada USA

"bvolman" wrote in message
I've been lurking here for many years. In the past many times a person
would post with the message that she was a new quilter and was looking
for information. That hasn't happened in a long time and I wonder if
quilting is in decline. Maybe that is why the shops are closing. The same
thing is happening here. Recently, the local Fabricland, comparable to
Joanne's, expanded its floor space and is selling a lot more material
aimed at quilters. However, the quality leaves something to be desired
and the prices are through the roof. I will keep driving right past their
door and a half hour down the road to get what I really want.
Larchie