Old July 5th 03, 06:09 AM
Kaytee

In article , "Christi Conley"
writes:

I am looking for a thread that is as thin
as 9MM tiger tail, but is colored -
it has to be strong, too -
I am stringing pendants on it -

9MM-- as in almost 1/2"? There are cords that size, usually in "Home
furnishings" sections of fabric stores, and/or shops set up for furniture
re-covering, pillow making, etc.
If you're going to be hanging the pendant from a beaded strand-- Fireline,
Spiderwire and other brands of "Spectra" (TM of a Gel Spun Polyester) fiber
work well. Make sure you don't get the monofilament. They come in several
weights; the higher the weight (#'s test), the larger the diameter of the line.
Fireline is smoke gray; Spiderwire/line products are moss green; Power Pro is
available in white, but I don't recommend the version the bead stores are
carrying-- something (probably wax) powders off, and the line tends to snap
when given a sharp tug. Cabella's (www.cabellas.com) has other colors in their
own and other brands.
Kaytee
"Simplexities" on