Old February 7th 17, 09:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

Default New pics

On 2/4/2017 4:42 PM, wrote:

Joan, I loved your award-winning violets!! I used to be huge
into violets...had 50+ different varieties

I'm jealous! I have about 10 of them here at work. I don't know what's
going on, but lately every time I've rooted a leaf and then planted it,
it dies.

Also that hardanger is beyond gorgeous. snip I always end up
snipping the wrong thread and ruining the entire piece.

Thank you! I have done that (yet!), but then I haven't done many
hardanger pieces. I did that one again (in lavender) and made it into a
ring pillow for my DD's wedding, then had it framed afterwards for her.
It's the one next to the mother/daughter picture.

I'm also impressed how you entered your pieces in for judging at fairs.
I've always been afraid to do that because the back of my pieces are
never quite perfect enough (IMHO). At least in my county fair, the
judging standards seem ridiculously high.

Shhhh! Don't tell anyone, but there are really very few that enter in
our county fair. My only real competition is a coworker.

If our standards were high, there'd be even fewer pieces entered. LOL!
If it's framed, how do they see the back? And why are they judging the
back, anyway? It's not a juried contest, is it?

I'd say, go for it!!! You'll never know until you try.

And thanks for the accolades! They're *always* welcome!

--
Joan

See my pictures he
http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures