Old February 11th 04, 10:35 PM
Christina Peterson

Very true.

Tina

"Dr. Sooz" wrote ...

I think there are people who suffer a lot, emotionally, over why their

auctions
aren't getting more bids (or any bids, in some cases). They cry about it

in
pubic forums everywhere. I've looked at their beads, I've even bought

their
beads (this is not any one person, mind you). I won't be back to buy more
beads from them. Why?

Because I was unhappy with the beads, and they have a lot of competition.

So I
don't have to go back and waste my time buying their flawed product -- I

can
just cross them off my list of sellers. Their holes were rough, or their

beads
weren't balanced, or the colors weren't lovely. Whatever it was, their

product
was not up to the market's professional standards, and I feel like I

wasted my
money. Some of those beads actually ended up in my trash basket....but I
remember them well.

I don't have the $$ to burn that I'd need to purchase from these folks.
They've shown they have little respect for me -- why would they sell me
substandard beads otherwise? Bad experiences = no money in that

beadmaker's
pocket. And I do tell my friends, so it ripples out.

If you, whoever the "you" might be, aren't getting the sales you want

(unless
you're brand new at selling, of course), please, please examine your work.

don't care how long you've been doing it. You may have developed bad

habits.
You probably grew your craft when there was little competition if you've

been
doing it a long time. If you're new, or an old salt, you need to polish
yourself to survive.

Times have changed. You need to become excellent if you want that pie in

the
sky you moan about.