Old May 23rd 04, 02:31 PM
Nyssa

Default Fair Isle project

As I mentioned in another post, I've started on a new project:
my first time ever knitting a Fair Isle patterned object.

I'm doing a dog sweater since I figured:
a) it's smaller than a human sweater so will go faster
and
b) if I make a mistake, the poochie recipient won't
register any complaints.

I've been using a couple of reference books to figure out
how to anchor the floats, but I have to admit it's really
slowing down progress. Anyone have any hints on how to make
this go smoother? I want my backs to be neat and not feel
like a spazz trying to get it to come out that way.

Also I'm going nuts with all the odd ends that need to be
poked in on the edges. I'm spending more time weaving in
loose ends than knitting! And wise words to help with this
mess? I know if I wait until the end to poke 'em all in,
it would be too overwhelming a task.

I like the look of the Fair Isle designs, and *if* I can
figure out how to make the process go along with fewer
bumps-in-the-road, I just may get brave enough to do a
people sweater too.

The pattern I'm using is from the Paton's "Another Dog's
Life" book. Yep, that's the one with the Dogasaurus Rex
design on the cover.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Nyssa, who doesn't have a poochie, but knows several