Old July 13th 03, 09:05 PM
Helen McEvoy-Freese

I like the on point.
Helen in MN

"Dr. Quilter" wrote in message
how about toss them at random? I mean, all in different directions? I
like the sashing fabric, though.

M. Wetmore wrote:
I settled on a Maple Leaf block, on a whim, to construct on my first
camping/quilting experience. I really didn't think about how I would
use the blocks in a quilt.

Most of the Maple Leaf quilts I see have the leaves on the same light
colored background with sashing the same as the background block
color. This makes the leaves look like they are floating.

But, I have a different beige fabric as the background for each block.
So, I'm not sure how to arrange them on a quilt.

If you go to http://www.mardiweb.com/quilts/mapleleaf/mapleleaf.html
you will see some arrangements I am considering.

The first is kind of interesting in that it creates secondary patterns
with the beige fabric.

The second is how it would look with a beige neutral used as the
sashing.

The third is how it would look with a complementary color as the
sashing.

And the last is how it would look on point with complementary color
sashing.

Does anyone have any preferences here or other ways I could construct
the quilt?

Thanks.

Mardi
Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam. mardi at mardiweb dot

com.

My Quilting page: http://www.mardiweb.com/quilts/MardiQuilts.html
Paint Shop Pro tutorials: http://www.mardiweb.com/web
Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum: http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat