Old August 24th 17, 04:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Night Mist

Default OT Finally! Actively house shopping

Well then, after looking at some horror shows, some foreclosures, and finding that there was darn little that came close to our requirements out of town, we huddled, decided, and made an offer on that first place we looked at.. The one with the mangled second floor. We are not wild about essential remodeling on a house we are living in, but it is structurally sound, dry, well insulated, and 23 acres. Thus several steps above anything else we have seen. Plus the mold issue in our current bathroom is making me sicker ever day and the DDs are totally freaking out about it.

So we offered, they didn't even counter, just said too low, we offered again, they came down $5K, my middle DD said offer $2K more and I will make up the difference. So we did that. They said we need at least $3K more, and I drew the line. We kept looking. 3 weeks along now and they called back and said OK we will take your offer.

So, earnest money has been given over, and the fussing about with papers and bankers and inspections and all commences. We are expected to finalize around the end of October.

DD3 says she is never doing this again _ever_. Unless the publishers Clearing house people come a knocking and hand her a check for a bajillion dollars and she is able to buy total awesomeness without fretting and fussing. I told her heck with that, if we suddenly and unexpectedly become rich, we will buy a piece of land and build a castle on top of The Hive (the Raccoon City Facility from Resident Evil movies and games). Or maybe just build The Hive and stick an old trailer on top. You only pay taxes on what they can see from the road after all.

NightMist