Old April 29th 09, 02:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply[_2_]

Default Need a new machine, but which one?

PatTX wrote:

Even so, you gave some valuable advice, and I appreciate that. For sewing, I
want a free-arm, a killer buttonholer, and durability. For making those seat
covers out of auto upholstery, I am thinking I need something a little
tougher than usual---although a lady I talked to today at a store said that
our Pfaff may be suitable for the job (mainly since it has already proven to
be able to sew naugahyde, leather, and upholstery fabric). It has that
older two-step buttonholer, though.

I don't know if they have buttonholes, but you might try looking for a
Sailrite machine, which is strong enough to do sails.