Old May 7th 15, 04:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

Default Who Are We?

I'm Joan from North Dakota, just 70 miles north of the famed Nordic
Needle. I have worked at the university library for over 30 years, have
a DH, 3 grown children, 2 grandkids, a girl almost 5 gasp! and a 2yo
boy, and a lively German shorthair, whose 2 speeds are run and stop.

I know how to sew, knit, crochet, needlepoint, have dabbled in hardanger
and crewel but my passion is cross stitch. I always have a project
going (just one at a time or I'd never get any done! lol). I just
finished crocheting a doily for the back of my new couch. Previously
this year I made an advent calendar for the gks (*must* remember to do
the finishing before Dec.!), knit an afghan out of some *wonderfully*
soft bulky baby alpaca yarn, (just in time for summer! LOLOL!!!) and
made a cushion for my rocking chair (now that the grandbabes are almost
too old for rocking...that's me...a day late and dollar short).

Just today I will be starting the last of 3 coordinating designs that I
got at the one stitching festival I attended in Las Vegas a number of
years ago. It's called "Believe in the magic of stitching" by Lori
Birmingham. The other 2 are by Stoney Creek and Liz Turner-Diehl.

I really miss all of our previous posters that we've lost to FB and all
the help and enabling they provided.

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures