Old October 14th 04, 11:58 AM
Jake Loddington

In message , A&V
writes
Hi,
We are about to renovate the house and double garage will become my studio.
Now is my chance to write a wish list for the studio and I am asking for
advice - what would you recommend as a good or bad ideas? Particularly in
areas of waste(clay & glaze) management,sink, glaze spray area...Studio will
have plenty of natural light, separate glazing/sink area and big door to
outside.
I have searched www for sink designs (clay trap) but wasn't successful so
far.
Thanks in advance,
Andrea

I've just read my copy of the latest 'Ceramic Review', and there's a
review by Peter Lane of a new book by Virginia Scotchie called 'Setting
Up Your Ceramic Studio', published by Lark Books / Sterling (no ISBN
quoted).

quote
A more unusual publication by Virginia Scotchie allows us to view,
through plans and colour photographs, twelve independently designed and
built pottery studios established in the south eastern United States.
All reflect the needs and aspirations of the individuals concerned, and
appear spacious and well lit while displaying examples of the ceramics
produced in each. These personal experiences of solving a wide variety
of problems would be helpful to anyone preparing to set up an
ergonomically sound workshop, especially if they are in a position to
start from scratch.
end quote

This could be useful, especially if you can persuade the local library
to order it on your behalf . . .

Jake Loddington, POULTON-LE-FYLDE, Lancs. England