Old December 16th 03, 03:00 AM
Steve Powell

When pots are firm I occasionally bring them into the house to finish
drying. I have heard of using the microwave' on low power initially I think,
although this is very much trial and error.
Some gas or oil kiln firers "candle" i.e. place on a very low flame
overnight to ensure pots are fully dry before firing proper.

wrote in message
.. .
Hello - I'm sure this question's been asked a billion times on this
newsgroup, but I just blew up half my kiln-load of Christmas presents and

am
in a bit of a bind. I'm guessing a couple large (14") bowls still had

some
moisture in the bases. So, with ten days left, any suggestions on how to
quickly and safely get my pots bone-dry for a firing? ie. put it in your
oven at 375, put it in the kiln at low, hairdryer, fan, etc.?! Shouldn't
have rushed it in the first place, but I thought they were dry. Ah well.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Simon