Old August 11th 15, 03:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Those Flying Geese

Hello All,
I did some testing on making flying geese. I first used 3 7/8th and found the line did not match on the geese wing piece's so you do have to use 2 1/2, 3 1/2 and etc. I also tried different background fabrics and found that Kona fabric was the best and you can buy it at JoAnn's Fabrics, comes in different colors or buy off the internet. I have made 50 geese so far and 10 more to go. Remember to finger press them because iron pressing gets them out of shape. I only pressed them after completing a block.

Now the question I have to ask is what to do with the left over pieces after clipping the wings? I shuddered every time I cut these off because I kept thinking of the cost of material and could see money going into my waste basket, so started saving them. They do make small half squares. Might make a hot pad or two for the Senior Center because they have a craft show every November. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Sandy$