Old August 16th 09, 09:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

Default Local quilt show: observations

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 14:58:11 -0500, John wrote
(in article
):

2. If I paid to have it quilted, I wouldn't enter it into a show.

Just out of curiousity, why wouldn't you put it in the show. The only show I
enter quilts in is our guild's show. It's not a show with professional
judges rather viewer's choice. Which of course means David and my non
quilting friends vote for me in any category unless there is an absolute
stunner.

I've had one quilt quilted by someone else and had no problem putting it in
our local show (with credit to the quilter, of course) It's an opportunity
to show my work. I know it's not Paducah-quality, but I still like to
occassionally have things on display.

Maureen