Old August 27th 08, 08:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

Default Veering off topic - steamers

"Jangchub" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 14:38:10 -0400, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at
comcast..net wrote:

Did you know the rumor that Lundy's was owned by the "alleged" Mafia and
the
waiters were ex cons? It may even be true. I think Theresa Brewer was
married to one of the owners. It was a really interesting place, with an
interesting story attached.

My Uncle Carmine was "allegedly" involved with things falling off
trucks, but I didn't know about the connection at Lundy's. There was
the clam bar, then the waiters running around in that giant downstairs
part or you could sit upstairs near the windows. My Dad brought me
there all the time. He know a man who worked there, but I was young
enough not to remember his name.

Randazzo's was some of the very best Italian food on the planet and Pips
Coffee House was where I saw David Brenner and George Carlin for the very
first time, when they were very, young.

I spent a lot of nice evenings there.

I worked there for a while at the clam bar. When I lived in Bergen
Beach Towers on Avenue U and E. 69th St. our neighbors were the owners
of Pips. Geeze I am forgetting names a lot these days. Their son's
name was Gary and he was the first boy I kissed. I was way too young
to actually go to Pips, but I do have a tribute to George Carlin on my
blog. We just went to see him last year when he came through the
area.

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/
Security is not what I have, it's what I can do without,,,

George Carlin was, in my estimation, possibly the most clever comic who was
ever born. If not the very best, certainly up there in the top 5.