Old May 31st 05, 10:12 PM
Wooly

I've knitted 8 scarves using that nasty nylon eyelash yarn. Garter
stitch all the way. The scarves I made have a habit of stretching and
becoming very long and skinny when the ends are yanked. Pull the
edges out starting from the center and they get wider than the
original cast-on would suggest they're capable of doing. I think
garter stitch nylon eyelash would be a starting point for
experimentation.

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 08:22:22 +1200, john smith
spewed forth :

Hi there
Just wanting to know if anyone has the pattern *which seems to be a
heavily guarded secret* for the Magic Scarf seen he
www.magicscarf.com

It expands and can be worn a number of ways....I am guessing that the
secret is in the stitch and yarn/s used...but have NO idea of what
either of them could be....your experience would be appreciated.

This is one thing that I have found the casting off:
http://www.spellingtuesday.com/magicscarf.html

but it still doesn't seem quite 'right' so I have come to this n/g for
guidance.

Thanking you all
Rach

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...