Old September 21st 03, 08:37 PM
Steve Richardson

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 12:27:27 -0700, vj wrote:

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Kandice Seeber"
:

Lampworked glass beads are not "blown glass", this is a different
technique entirely.

The line can be pretty blurry, though. Big blown stuff that requires a
furnace to make and then to anneal -- that's pretty different from
lampworking all right! But I make small (1-2 inches or less) blown glass
bottles using the same torch, rods, release, and annealing blanket as I do
for beads on a mandrel. The only real difference is that I puff once or
twice down the tube that the glob of molten glass is built on. If my @#$%$#
cats would just leave the things alone when they're finished, I'd have a lot
more to show for my efforts! Small-scale blowing is a huge amount of fun
and everybody should try it at least once.

- Steve R
St Louis