Old February 18th 05, 10:36 AM
Roberta Zollner

Sure! Crazies traditionally used no batting, and they were tied. Too tough
to hand quilt all those seams, which were hand embroidered anyway. But of
course you could machine quilt, no problem! It's a great way to add extra
texture, and it's sturdier than tying.
Roberta in D

"Volfie, Owner, GizzMutt Stables" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I'm just making my first crazy quilt and I want it to be one of those
things you can throw over you in the summer for a nap in the A/C and I
want to keep in nice and light and *thin*. Can I just put a back on it
since the crazy quilting is built up on cotton and/or muslin blocks in the
first place thus giving the whole thing three layers? Would it cause any
problem with durability if there were no batting/filler in it? Would it
still stand up to free motion quilting okay? Any suggesions/war stories
welcome.

Giselle (still in love with no pattern piecing