Old July 11th 07, 10:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

Default any loom knitting here? (fwd)

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
I see. Well, since it is in such common usage, I don't know how much luck
you would have with changing it, and I don't think that "frame" describes
what happens when you knit without needles.

All that's true. Although the word 'loom' in this context isn't as far as I
know used in Britain* it does seem to be so common elsewhere that a
one-woman crusade isn't gong to effect a change.

Lots of usage of English words - in Britain as well as USA :-) - irritates
me but I can only change myself, not anyone else.

Mary
* I don't know about commercial knitting