Old November 7th 04, 05:46 PM
Dr. Sooz

There are also more lampwork artists than I've been seeing at the shows. My
new friend James (who works in boro) doesn't think it's such a good thing,
but
I do. We all make different things, and if lampworkers don't do the shows,
the
people who want to buy lampwork won't bother to show up anymore.

So true. And anyone who's into lampwork beads would usually have done some
homework -- i.e., know which artists are going to be at the show and who to
look for. It's great incentive for the lampworkers to do better-than-usual
work, too, which is why competition is a good thing. I bet James is just
feeling insecure and scared.

I love a lot of lampworkers at a show! At the last BABE, I bought almost
exclusively lampwork. (I try to focus at the shows, or you can go mad, or
blind, or both.) Joan, if you ever get a chance to do a west coast show, take
it. We're fiends for glass out here. And your stuff is absolutely unique --
it would get LOOOOKED AT.
~~
Sooz
The things that will destroy us a politics without principle; pleasure
without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character; business
without morality; science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice. - M.
Ghandi