Old March 22nd 12, 04:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
David Scheidt

Default Has anyone ever MacGyvered way to have regular sewing machine hold thread cone?

BEI Design wrote:

:Craftsy wrote:
: "BEI Design" wrote:
:[...]
:
: Has anyone figured out anything that works?
:
: You could try something like this:
: http://www.amazon.com/Dritz-921-Cone.../dp/B0019KDYL2
:
: Either to hold the cone and then thread to the rest of
: the needle-threading path, or to hold the cone and wind
: bobbins,
: then use them in place of spools.
:
: I have a couple like that, I use them when I need to use
: serger cones on my Singer.
:
: NAYY,
:
: I KNEW it; I just knew there had to be something out
: there, either that I could buy or make. I'll print that
: page out and take it to that store to see if they sell
: this type of thing.

:Your local fabric store probably has them on the notions
:wall.

I thinkt the dritz stand to be flimsy and not worth the effort.
Putting the cone on the floor behind the table and using a couple coat
hangers bent ot have thread guide loops (and something to hold them in
place) works just as well.

: Good thing I don't trust one
: person's answer and let that discourage me g.

:??? Perhaps you received a reply from someone in my
:killfile, I did not see any other rely than my own.

: Thanks! I also love the idea of going and going and
: going without running out of thread, too!

ossible, so serger threads do not do for much of my sewing.

It's possible to buy general purpose sewing threads on large put ups,
not just serger thread. What you're likely to find in a typical
fabric store is serger thread, but there are plenty of sources for
other threads, too.

--
ASCII was good enough for יְהוֹשֻׁעַ!