Old July 8th 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Traditional Dutch Fishermen's Sweaters

In the many years that i was lucky to recieve `Ariadne` , published by
my Great Uncle Elias Cohen . I read many articles about Dutch Knitting
as well as Dutch embroidery.
They were like their Neighbours over the Channel always a sea
traveling nation ,,, with all the NEEDED clothing items.
mirjam

Those of you who enjoy the history of fishermen's sweaters may be
interested in a book I recently acquired: "Knitting from the
Netherlands" by Henriette van der Klift-Tellegen. I've put a little
"book review" of sorts on my site if you are inerested:
http://vintagepurls.net.nz/2007/07/0...e-netherlands/

I suspect it's not easy to come across (mine is second hand) but if
this is your sort of thing it's probably something to keep an eye out
for.

VP