Old February 8th 09, 04:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kay Lancaster

Default Steam Iron

On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 11:22:47 -0800 (PST), Faye wrote:
Anyone have a recommendation on a steam iron. My daughter doesn't
like hers and I haven't bought one in a long time.

I use a Black and Decker Classic for dirty jobs like fusing interfacing
or pressing starched fabric -- I can clean the soleplate with an SOS pad.
$30, no auto off (I hate auto-off!).

I use a (now discontinued) steam generator iron for pressing and general
ironing. When it goes, I'm intending to replace it with a gravity iron
like a Sussman ($$$$).

Kay