Old June 15th 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default LQS Complaints--Other shoe; same foot.

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 20:17:42 +0200, "Roberta Zollner"
wrote:

Here's a positive retail story: At the quilt show last week, about 2 minutes
before I was supposed to meet my traveling companions/enabling quilt buddies
at the car (we were on a bit of a schedule with a long drive home), I
spotted some great fabric on a vendor's table. Picked up a piece and spotted
some more! Oh agony -not much cash in the wallet, and she didn't take cards.
No online shopping, no bricks-and-mortar store either. Her entire business
is at shows. But no problem, she said, I could take all the fabric I wanted
and just transfer the money to her bank account! She said she'd never been
disappointed trusting her customers. Since I was in a rush, I just took the
piece I could afford. Would have been way too tempting to grab a whole
tableful on credit!
Roberta in D

This happened to me when I went to the quilt exhibition in Perth a
few years ago. I walked all around the Bell Sports Centre, hunting
for the mythical cash machine, but never found it. I only had about
20 minutes to get to the train station, and I don't know Perth that
well. The vendors - I wanted to buy a book that I had had a hard time
finding and 2 yards of fabric - had the fabric and book bundled up
with their business card when I came back. They said, "Send us a
cheque when you get home". I did, along with a bar of chocolate!

-- Jo in Scotland