Old December 12th 03, 04:19 PM
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

(Lippy Zaner) verbositized:

In article ,
says...

Hi, Just a quick question:
"What is the definition of a Craft?"

That's as specious as asking "what is Art?"

Or even worse, what separates "art" from "craft?"

Or what separates an "illustrator" from an "artist?"

They're mindless and pointless questions, IMO.
Unless you just like to argue!

Not necessarily pointless Lippy.

I was a graphic artist for several years, but I cannot draw or paint
at all. Yet I was considered an excellent graphics artist in the
field of graphic arts I worked in, which interestingly did not require
any artwork at all, primarily just layout and design skills.

For the past several years I have been doing photograph restorations,
and often outdo most of my competition hands down.
Replace chopped off portions of heads, arms, open closed eyes, etc.
I have yet to have a disappointed customer!
I have had customers who paid 4 times more elsewhere and brought the
same image to me for restoration and were elated with the work I
turned out.

But, I still cannot draw, nor am I an artist by any stretch of the
imagination!

TTUL
Gary