Old May 2nd 05, 03:15 AM
Katherine

norma woods wrote:
Well, if you remember I was trying to make a pair of double knit
mitts. The pattern called for us#6's and 48 stitches increasing up to
76. I started out with needles 2 sizes smaller and ended up with a
baseball mitt. So I ripped it out and went down to 3 mm. It was still
huge. So.... now I've dropped down to 40 stitches increasing to 68.
I've never tried to change a pattern before and I had to rip back the
thumb and make it smaller by 4 stitches but it came out ok. Now I'm
on the hand. I know I'll succeed with this mitt, my only concern now
is - will I ever make it's mate! and even more important will it
match! LOL

Let us know how it goes, Norma.

Hugs,
Katherine