Old August 15th 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Red Deer

Default ferric chloride

Thank you all for the information on ferric chloride. Deg, thank's for
that website. I ordered a bottle of it from there.
Sandi
Leonard wrote:
Believe it or not. Try this......

http://cgi.ebay.com/FERRIC-CHLORIDE-...QQcmdZViewItem

FYI. I have not connection with this.

On 14 Aug 2006 08:24:39 -0700, "Red Deer"
wrote:

Hi All,
Speaking of raku, does anyone know where ferric chloride can be
obtained? I'm getting ready to get my own raku kiln and I like the
brown highlights spraying ferric chloride on horse hair pots gives. I
looked in all my pottery supply catalogues and can't find it. I was
rakuing at friends and hers was bought at Radio Shack. I called them
and they have stopped selling it. I know it has to be handled very
carefully but I need some for the results I am seeking. Or is there a
substitute chemical I can use? I live in the northern Shenandoah
Valley area of Virginia, USA.
Thank you for any information,
Sandi