Old November 22nd 03, 03:21 PM
roxan

I have used power pro which is a braided fishing line, but you have to get
the right test line. If you want to use it for small beads you will have to
get 8 or 10 pound test or it will be too big to go through a small needle. I
just got 10 pound test this week which goes through a # 10 needle. 10 pound
test works well which 11 beads and smaller Japanese bead which have bigger
holes. Stay away from monofilament line it is not suitable for bead work.
Roxan

"Arondelle" wrote in message
I know it will seem intuitively obvious to long-time beaders, but can I
really put fishing line through a size 12 beading needle and weave with

it?

I need some kind of thread that will stand up to more abuse than Nymo
can for amulet bag neck straps. Nymo is OK as long as it doesn't go
anywhere near a metallic bead, but there is the tendancy to split it
when doing multiple passes (more than, say, 3 times) through 11/0 seeds
which weakens it.

I thought I'd bop down to the nearest bait 'n tackle shop and see what I
can find, but I don't want to put out the cash unless I know that I can
needle the stuff.

Also, is fishing line monofilament, braided, cable-laid or flat-plied?
I have a spool of dark green Spider-Wire, and it appears to be braided.

Arondelle
To email me, empty the pond with a net
Visit Arondelle's Dream Worlds at: http://www.arondelle.com
Read my Blog: http://www.angelfire.com/blog/arondelle/index.html