Old September 28th 03, 03:53 AM
Cee White

Hi, Annemarie,

Do you have anyplace to post pictures? I'd enjoy seeing your work.
I've begun a series of rather weird masks. It's fun.

Catherine

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 13:26:39 +1200, "annemarie"
wrote:

Ok mostly I make pottery, but sometimes I get inspired to try sculpture. I
especially like using paperclay. I find it very difficult to sculpt eyes
though. Having them closed is fine, but open is very difficult for me. I
have done one just now with a young woman in a strapless gown, standing on
the hem and of course the predictable problem, I have managed the mouth with
an O - oops expression, but having the eyes closed made it look like it was
on purpose and she was being provocative. I have opened the eyes and it is
ok but it was a struggle I must have done them a dozen times and they could
still be better. Does anyone else do sculpture and have a secret to making
good eyes?