Old April 23rd 06, 05:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default MQX, meeting, + purchase

I asked DH about splicing your foot pedal cord. He says he's 'reasonably
certain' that this would be just fine - however - he urges you to check with
your SM dealer before you do it. Could be a problem that he just doesn't
know about. Also: if you are a bit concerned about trading in your SM one
day, it could devalue it. Maybe. I'm always suspicious about buying an SM
that's described as 'like new' , 'never used', pristine....whatever. Makes
me wonder, "why not and what's wrong with it?" Polly

Denise asked: The only thing that could be a
problem is the length of the cord on my machine pedal. Someone
suggested that anyone comfortable with electricity could splice a longer
electrical wire onto it. I'm scared to ruin the pedal. Anyone out
there ever lengthen a foot pedal cord??

"Wren" wrote in message
oups.com...
That sounds wonderful, Denise. I wish I had seen Sally Collins' trunk
show! I am heading to MQX in a few minutes with my husband. I'll look
for the bear quilt. I hope to buy a few little things but probably NOT
fabric. I'm more interested in some thread and fibers, (maybe dye
supplies), today.

All the best,

Renee