Old December 24th 04, 12:23 PM
Polly Esther

Default Take a break

If you have a few minutes and need a break, do go look over at Marcia's
www.quilterscache.com and check out the pattern Squares within Squares 2.
It's a good, good block for beginners, one of those that doesn't require
a heap of accuracy and a great base for doing all sorts of interesting
things. I just tried it with 9 blocks (a Linus quilt) to see how it went.
The block is a keeper. The colors I chose are not. I used a soft yellow
print, a bright blue paisley with some purple in it and a medium purple.
Somehow, the purple turned all muddy on me.
Which certainly proves that testing a block *And* testing the colors is
worth the time. I would truly hate to make a queensize muddy quilt. Yuck
and phooey. Polly